What do you think!

Rate this topic

Archer

I usually get at least 5 of these a day! :death:

Well I know this is a scam still but what do you guys think? Should someone actually try and catch guys like this? I have forward stuff like this in the past to our local police dept. But they don't do nothing in regards.

The question is what if someone who sends this crap was legit????

$$$$$$$ could someone collect!!!

Here is the email::::

Staff Sgt. Kenneth Buff

of D Company, 2nd Battalion,

22nd Infantry Regiment

Good day ,

I am Sgt. Kenneth Buff, an American Soldier. I am serving in the US Army of D Company, 2nd Battalion 22nd,Infantary Regiment, Iraq. As you know we are being attacked by insurgents everyday and car bombs.I and my crew members discovered $650M USD in Saddam Hussein's palace in April 2003. We now to move away a total sum

US$10.2 Million dollars cash out from the lot $650MUSD discovered, mostly 100-dollar bills and with the aid of a French Comander was quickly flown out of the warzone and deposited in an undisclosed security company in Europe. You can as well click on the site for more details about the funds.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A35080-2003Apr24?

Unfortunately, the rest of my crew members have lost their lives to the wicked Iraqi insurgents. I therefore seek your partnership to assist me transfer these funds into your account and invest the funds without further delay.I will take 65% while you take the other 30% and 5% will be for expences, no strings.

If you are interested I will send you the full details but my fear is Can I trust you???

When you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers in order to forward to the Security company for the release of the funds in your names or your company.This business is risk free .

****AS SOON AS I RECEIVE YOUR MAIL DECLARING YOUR INTEREST, I SHALL FURNISH YOU WITH ALL THE NECESSARY DETAILS FOR YOU TO FOLLOW IT UP IMMEDIATE AS WELL THE PHOTO WE TOOK AT THE DAY OF THE

DISCOVERY.***

Respectfully,

Staff Sgt. Kenneth Buff

Email address: sgtkenneth@myway.com

Guest SouthernCelt

This is just a new (to me) twist on the old Nigerian e-mail/letter scam. Notice the misspellings. Anyone who is a soldier in the US Army is going to know how to spell infantry and "infantary" isn't it! And that's only one misspelling. That's a solid clue that this isn't from someone with a legitimate story.

Instead of reporting this sort of thing to the police, report it to whatever consumer protection agents are available in your jurisdiction's judicial system. In the US it would usually be someone in a bureau of the state attorney's office.

This is just a new (to me) twist on the old Nigerian e-mail/letter scam. Notice the misspellings. Anyone who is a soldier in the US Army is going to know how to spell infantry and "infantary" isn't it! And that's only one misspelling. That's a solid clue that this isn't from someone with a legitimate story.

Instead of reporting this sort of thing to the police, report it to whatever consumer protection agents are available in your jurisdiction's judicial system. In the US it would usually be someone in a bureau of the state attorney's office.

Thanks SoutherCelt... I just usually delete this spam. I also get a super big amount of the Nigerian and some Russian ones to. I just wish they would send me a damm cheque! :smokin:

I guess I'm not as popular as I thought I was :embarassed:

Maybe I will send them some snow!