Waiting on my MM dvds is killing me!

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I'm about to go nuts! Must have MM, must have MM, must have MM.  :cry:

The postal service website says it left ATL for here this morning. It should come in late today or tomorrow. But I need my MM fix so bad it's killing me!!!

......."ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT". -(sometimes anyway :;): )      seriously though,they had a news blurb on the news last night that this week,OF ALL WEEKS-(i'm expecting a few packages myself!)-will be the busiest of the year for the postal service.  :O

keep me informed if you will,

~DAVE :ouro:

Guest Second Coming

ah...I pretty much figured the mail would be swamped this time of the year. I mean you can figure 7 to 10 days when the mail is about normal. (and today is exactly 7 days)  But the good news is that it left Atlanta early this morning. and Atlanta is just 2 hours away. It "should" get to the main post office and then to the downtown post office by today. And I should get it tomorrow. But who knows. I've watched that "Pilot/Gehenna" laserdisc twice already. Ahhhhh the anticipation!!!

Se7en - a quick question: If my dvd player plays CDR's then is it a general rule that it will play burnt DVD's? If it doesn't play them then I'll buy a new player for MM!!! But I'm pretty sure I'm good to go.

...there is zero evidence that because a player will read cd-r that it will also read dvd-r. after a few hellish experiences we had to include in the auction page that compatibility issues must be worked out by the buyer.    but if you can tell me what year/brand/model# player you have a i should be able to goive you a very good idea if it will play it. as is stated in the manual i have dvd-r will play in 98% of all "current"-(???)- dvd-players. "IF" the worst happens i can give you a comprehensive list of players that absolutely will play dvd-r. some as low as $89-$99.     ~i'm here for ya man. i want this experience to be a religious one for ya  :p

~let me know,

DAVE

if you want just you can send me a private message to my TIWWA-message box or just post here.

P.S.-any chance of getting you to do a MM-LIVING-MEMORIAL? it can be as long or as short as you want as long as it's from the heart.-thanks :angel:

Guest Second Coming

Se7en I'm actually workin on that memorial. I've read ALL of them and a lot of what I felt/feel was stated. I'll finish it soon. :bigsmile:  

As for my dvd player it's an RCA RC522OP.  I got it for Christmas in 1999. It's a really nice player, I think it will play them. If not I know of a Magnavox player (that states that it plays dvdr's) at my part-time job that sells for $89.99 and I can get 20% off of that. It's no big deal really.  I read your terms. But dvd compatibility is not going to stand in my way of watching MM.

........that's the viking attitude my friend! :cool:

cannot wait to read other memorials! i sometimes feel i may have mistakenly set the bar to high and intimidated some out of doing it. please beleive that was not my intention. i am just  very passionate about this and somtimes i get a little carried away as those who know me can attest to! :rofl: -(for all i care it can 2-sentences as long as it's from the heart.

i admit freely that i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and that that can turn some people off. that and being very opinionated i'm surprised i have the wife i have and the friends i have. maybe some just love my username so much that they cannot help but think i'm ultra cool :smokin: .............um.......yeah,right :down:

....i'm so MM-crazy that i'm going to be ordering vanity plates for my truck that will read "7AND1".  vermont charges $47 for vanity plates so i hope to be able to order them just after x-mas season....I'M INSANE......................but i digress................I/WE just hope that the end product pleases you as much as we like to produce it,so to speak. GRA is doing a full review soon,w/pics,etc(!!!) which will be yet another MM-dream come true for my wife and i.  ...........speaking of graham's review i just realized i have to send him some info. so i'm off!

~hope you get them tomorrow,but most important i hope they play in your player-(though anything made pre-2000,especialy rca/GE,etc can be VERY hit or miss)   i recomend brining a dvd-r with you and try it in the demo model(s) whereever you go. if it's no go then like i say i have many many specific brands/model#'s that will play them. and if you order it via amazon.com or buy.com you get free shipping for orders over $50.                                               ~peace,

DAVE :ouro:

Guest Second Coming

They finally came!!!!!  I waited on the mail to arrive at work and it didn't come. I checked on the USPS website and it said that it was headed from Atlanta to here as of yesterday. Then before lunch I checked again and bam, it arrived at the post office downtown. So I went and begged them to let me have it since you're not supposed to be able to pick stuff up from a box after 10:00. This is where it pays to know people and be cool with people. They got it for me and I went home and checked them out. Ahhhhh, now I'm happy!!!!

Se7en

They work fine on my RCA player. That player is a nice piece of equipment. I didn't think I would have a problem.

Also something I thought you might find useful and interesting. They also play on the Xbox. I didn't think it would but I gave it a try and yeah it works fine on Xbox too. Just thought you might could use that in your description on ebay! :smokin:

Thanks a lot Dave and Denise!!!

....and are you pleased with the overall product-(audio/video) and inserts designs?  thoughts/opinions???

P.S. i knew they played on ntsc PS2's but this is the first i've heard about them working on the X-BOX. thank you very much for the info as i will be adding it to the ever growing list of players that will read dvd-r. your comments may have helped some fan down the road!-(us as well :D ) -thanks!

Guest Second Coming

Yes, I forgot to mention how the product is. Ah it is wonderful. The inserts look great. I put my new MM collection beside my X-file collection. They look really nice together.  The video and audio was good from what I've seen and heard so far. I just put in a couple of disks but they all looked great. I thought at first the picture was kinda washed out. But then I realized that I was watching it on my old tv in my bedroom and went to the living room and watched some on my new tv and that took care of that problem. The japanese subtitles don't bother me at all either. I thought they would get annoying but honestly I just don't really notice them after awhile. And I love having the director etc.. listed under the ep. That's nice. I didn't have much time to look at them because I had to get back to work. But if I notice anything else I'll do an update.

The guys at work are gonna be so jealous when I show them my set.  :grin2:

And those dvds working on Xbox is so convinent. I'm going out of town next week and will take them both with me.

Se7en: I know that I only purchased 2 eps from you but I too will sing the praises of the quality of the product. I am expecting a large commission check in January, and will be calling on you for the complete run...I too cant count on Fox ever releasing MM on dvd. Why? Because they SUCK!

David :alien: