Hello from Reinbek

Guest JMunch

Guest JMunch

Greetings from Germany.

A few words of introduction: For a brief time, I did the initial editing on TVTome´s MM page till someone else was named co-editor without a by-your-leave and deluged the site with well-written content I could not hope to match. About that time, I stumbled across Brian´s Millennial Abyss and tinkered with the initial draft of a MM Timeline which even got as far as covering the first season and clocked at some forty printed pages.

Then I moved. Chaos ensued. Eqiupment got smashed or lost. You know the deal.

One flat, three years and two computers later, I joined the Tommy Westphall community at livejournal and started compiling a crossover character list (maintained and posted as Westphall´s Wanderers, and yes, Millennium joined the game early on).

Lately, I found some raw early files for the timeline, re-read them, decided it would be worth another try, started looking again for MM transcripts and joined this merry bunch.

That´s about it. For now.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Greetings from Germany.

Lately, I found some raw early files for the timeline, re-read them, decided it would be worth another try, started looking again for MM transcripts and joined this merry bunch.

That´s about it. For now.

Welcome JMunch!! Hey, your screen name JMunch wasn't inspired by the character John Munch from Law and Order SVU was it? I wasn't crazy about him in the very early going for that series, but he has grown on me and become one of my favorite characters.

Guest JMunch
Ein herzliches Willkommen im Forum, JMunch!! :bigsmile::kickin::swingin::fool::clapping:

Danke schön, SadEyes.

Re JMunch:

Yes, MIB, the moniker was derived from your favourite Homicide/SVU Detective (and if you have seen him only in New York, you have missed out on something important - namely Homicide: Life on the Street [1993-1999]).

Originally, I considered 'Munchkin' but then I thought about those cuties from OZ and -- naaah!

Query to admin:

Would there be a place for the timeline on this site? :alien2:

Edited by JMunch
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Danke schön, SadEyes.

Re JMunch:

Yes, MIB, the moniker was derived from your favourite Homicide/SVU Detective (and if you have seen him only in New York, you have missed out on something important - namely Homicide: Life on the Street [1993-1999]).

Originally, I considered 'Munchkin' but then I thought about those cuties from OZ and -- naaah!

Query to admin:

Would there be a place for the timeline on this site? :alien2:

Yes, I remember him from "Homicide", although I was not a devoted watcher of the program. I kind of had to be in the right mood for it. It was, however, a good program, and I liked his character after I got used to the idea of him in a dramatic role. I don't watch it anymore, and I don't remember much of it, but he is definitely a favorite of mine in SVU. For some reason, SVU has always been my favorite L & O, and I think this is due largely to the cast. My second favorite is the original, and I also enjoyed the short run of Trail By Jury. I just can't seem to get into Criminal Intent though. Don't get me wrong, it's a worthy effort and I can see where people would like it, but I can usually take it or leave it.

Guest JMunch
Yes, I remember him from "Homicide", although I was not a devoted watcher of the program. I kind of had to be in the right mood for it. It was, however, a good program, and I liked his character after I got used to the idea of him in a dramatic role. I don't watch it anymore, and I don't remember much of it, but he is definitely a favorite of mine in SVU. For some reason, SVU has always been my favorite L & O, and I think this is due largely to the cast. My second favorite is the original, and I also enjoyed the short run of Trail By Jury. I just can't seem to get into Criminal Intent though. Don't get me wrong, it's a worthy effort and I can see where people would like it, but I can usually take it or leave it.

SVU has the most human stories. L&O Prime is too formulaic for me. Criminal Intent was done much better by Columbo, but it has its moments. Trial By Jury and Conviction, I have never seen.

My favourite programmes/shows would be:

The 4400

Alias

Babylon 5

most of the CSI's (all of them have their klunkers)

Homicide: LOTS

Navy CIS

The Twilight Zone

Twin Peaks

The X-Files (and the Lone Gunmen)

and that doomsday show with the complicated name I always forget ...

Yep, definitely fantasy-dominated. :tasty:

Guest SouthernCelt
...My favourite programmes/shows would be:

The 4400

Alias

Babylon 5

most of the CSI's (all of them have their klunkers)

Homicide: LOTS

Navy CIS

The Twilight Zone

Twin Peaks

The X-Files (and the Lone Gunmen)

and that doomsday show with the complicated name I always forget ...

Yep, definitely fantasy-dominated. :tasty:

Good list although there are some that I seldom watch/watched and never developed a taste for. My personal favorite from the list is NCIS; it's just a fun show most of the time.

Twin Peaks is fave blast from the past that I plan to complete my DVD collection on soon when the rest of the eps become available.

Now the "doomsday show with the complicated name" reference -- is that a sarcastic remark or are you seeking a lot more responses with people trying to guess which one you mean? This crew here will go bananas over a doomsday TV show trivia game.

Guest JMunch
Good list although there are some that I seldom watch/watched and never developed a taste for. My personal favorite from the list is NCIS; it's just a fun show most of the time.

Twin Peaks is fave blast from the past that I plan to complete my DVD collection on soon when the rest of the eps become available.

Now the "doomsday show with the complicated name" reference -- is that a sarcastic remark or are you seeking a lot more responses with people trying to guess which one you mean? This crew here will go bananas over a doomsday TV show trivia game.

Uh, I fear that I am prone to the occasional flippant or even sarcastic line. Guilty as charged.

A doomsday show trivia game ... good idea. Let me think about it.

There is a recurring theme I am looking for in the new shows I watch, namely the take of the show in questions on post-9/11 America and, by implication, on the post-9/11 world.

There has been talk about a David Lynch continuation of Twin Peaks by way of a feature movie. A rumor. But I wonder ... Twin Peaks was a town in Washington, right? More or less near to Seattle ... hmmm.

:oneeyedwinK