Holy Blood, Holy Grail & The Messianic Legacy

Rate this topic

Guest icubud

Read Holy Blood.... - wonderful fiction.

It is on level of Brown's "DaVinci Code".

99.99% fiction and .01% truth

I do find it amazing that a society/religion grew up from the false teaching that Jesus ran away to France with Mary Magdalene. But then again things like halebop (or whatever they were called), Elizabeth Clare Prophet, and so on show that people are searching for something to give what they feel is meaning to their life. :no: It is sad.

Guest se7en

.....but REALLY who are you,or I,or anyone,to say what is,is not true? personal pipeline to the big guy? or like with most just personal,ever evolving beliefs.

The davinci code is a work of "fiction",why do poeple always seem to forget that? ...does one read "the stand" and think it's all true? i would hope not! these books are for "entertainment" and anyone who wants to believe THE DIVINCI CODE or ANGELS&DEMONS is anything but? well,that's thier delusion i suppose.

~i love the books myself. great fun!

se7en

:ouro:

Guest Seraphim
Read Holy Blood.... - wonderful fiction.

It is on level of Brown's "DaVinci Code".

99.99% fiction and .01% truth

I do find it amazing that a society/religion grew up from the false teaching that Jesus ran away to France with Mary Magdalene.  But then again things like halebop (or whatever they were called), Elizabeth Clare Prophet, and so on show that people are searching for something to give what they feel is meaning to their life.  :no: It is sad.

All works of fiction have more that .01% of truth. The book itself is a work of fiction. While the claims of Jesus and Mary of Magdala being married and having offspring may be legend (And that cannot be proven or dis-proven, just like the existence of Jesus), some of the aspects of the book are based on actual truths. One example. The Prieure de Sion, whatever it's purpose may be, does exist. It's actually registered with the French goverment in the directory of organizations. By all indications, The Last Supper may well indeed contain a woman. Da Vinci did have a thing for putting "weird" or "hidden" symbols in his art. It's a work of fiction based in unknowns. Unless you have thoroughly studied the subject, you are in no position to criticize. Alas this is a world in which most people don't fully understand or know the truths of what they claim to be their belief. I am sure you have some "fake" belief (science or religion) you follow.

Guest icubud
.....but REALLY who are you,or I,or anyone,to say what is,is not true? personal pipeline to the big guy? or like with most just personal,ever evolving beliefs.

The davinci code is a work of "fiction",why do poeple always seem to forget that? ...does one read "the stand" and think it's all true? i would hope not!        these books are for "entertainment" and anyone who wants to believe THE DIVINCI CODE or ANGELS&DEMONS is anything but?    well,that's thier delusion i suppose.

~i love the books myself. great fun!

se7en

:ouro:

Yep it is fiction. Agree 100% - but have you seen the recent titles out trying to explain that their is truth to the book? Barnes and Noble recently had a table full of them. (Of course Holy Grail.... was on the table too as a cross promotion sales technique like the others.) Holy Grail is interesting fiction = King Arthur = Robin Hood = Patricia Cornwell = Robin Cook. Yep I agree

I do not believe - with 100% certainty - that Jesus Christ swooned and then ran off to have children with Mary Magdelene because the Bible says he died and rose again three days later. While I am not a "personal pipeline to the big guy" as you so sarcastically put it ---> I do believe the Bible is God's Word and He is not a liar or deceiver. It does give the name of the father of lies and deceit though......

:devil01:

And in following up on your thought of "who are you,or I,or anyone,to say what is,is not true?" are you saying that all truth is relative? REALLY (as you said it)?!

Guest icubud

All works of fiction have more that .01% of truth. The book itself is a work of fiction. While the claims of Jesus and Mary of Magdala being married and having offspring may be legend (And that cannot be proven or dis-proven, just like the existence of Jesus), some of the aspects of the book are based on actual truths. One example. The Prieure de Sion, whatever it's purpose may be, does exist. It's actually registered with the French goverment in the directory of organizations. By all indications, The Last Supper may well indeed contain a woman. Da Vinci did have a thing for putting "weird" or "hidden" symbols in his art. It's a work of fiction based in unknowns. Unless you have thoroughly studied the subject, you are in no position to criticize. Alas this is a world in which most people don't fully understand or know the truths of what they claim to be their belief. I am sure you have some "fake" belief (science or religion) you follow.

Yes - I realize .01% was understatement but it was to underscore the point it is fiction.

What is amazing to me - in this TIWWA - nope not gonna say it here. I save it for a poll.