TEOTWAWKI -- Is the "Terminator" mytharc prophetic?

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

One of today's headlines:

Automated killer robots 'threat to humanity': expert

Of course this must be true, after all, SKYNET already exists, so it's just a matter of time...

Boy, I bet the people who do the new FOX series on Sarah Conner, et. al., just love to see headlines like this...gives their series a degree of "what if" validity beyond just spinning a tale.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sheree Dawn
One of today's headlines:

Automated killer robots 'threat to humanity': expert

Of course this must be true, after all, SKYNET already exists, so it's just a matter of time...

Boy, I bet the people who do the new FOX series on Sarah Conner, et. al., just love to see headlines like this...gives their series a degree of "what if" validity beyond just spinning a tale.

It's really hard for me to grasp the concept that machines would go to that extent to declare war on humanity and initiate a global takeover. But, machines will only process information given to them. Even more advanced forms of artificial intelligences. FOCUS ON THE KEYWORD ARTIFICIAL.

Machines are man made, and imho, if a machine starts to take out the human race, there is some little man/woman behind the curtain pulling levers and speaking into a voice-altering microphone.