Duchovny Comments On Forthcoming Xf Movie

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest lilblackgirl

Caught this on Dark Horizons this am:

David Duchovny, still nursing the bruises from the failure of the drag comedy "Connie and Carla" in which he co-stars, continues talking up another cinematic adventure in "The X-Files" canon to UK's Teletext service.

"We're all on the same page. Gillian Anderson wants to do it, I want to do it, Chris Carter, who would write and produce the film, wants to do it and I believe Fox the studio wants to do it. When you have the four major players in the enterprise wanting to do it, it will happen. It's just a matter of when. I hope it happens within the next year".

Now that its been a few years since he played Mulder, he seems keen to slip on the coat again - "I think it would be fun at this point, a few years removed, to get back into it and do it". Duchovny is keeping busy, having directed the drama "The House of D" starring wife Tea Leoni.

The only question now lies in Fox and whether the studio still perceives the "X-Files" franchise as a marketable brand - at least enough to draw in ticket goers. Rumours emerged earlier this year they were in fact quietly shopping around the idea of selling off the franchise to another studio, however that talk has quietened down a bit recently.

To me, this doesn't say yay or nay, but i really hope it happens.