X-Files Theme (UNKLE Variation)

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Hi all,

Just wondering what you thought to the remix of the X-Files that appears over the cool closing credits of I want to believe.

X-Files (UNKLE Variation on a Theme Surrender Sounds Session #10)

I think its excellent. The soulful violins (or cellos?) remind me so much of Millennium's theme.

If you haven't got the soundtrack, you can get this track for just 79p here in MP3 format and hear a preview.

I also really like other Unkle song Broken, its great and every time I listen to it it reminds me of when I was sitting on my own in the cinema waiting for the end Easter Egg to appear, after the other 2 members of the audience had left!

Guest Laurent.

I also really enjoyed the theme!

I thought that the song Broken felt strangely too pop for the movie. Anyway, I just don't get why Chris Carter thought that it had the "perfect beat" for the end of IWTB. Otherwise, the song is excellent!

I read that UNKLE will team up with Carter for other projects... I can't wait to see more come out of this collaboration!

Guest betweenthelines

I love the two UNKLE songs for the soundtrack. His remix of the theme is probably the best one I've heard. The one by PM Dawn was okay, and I liked the remix The Dust Brothers did for FTF but it was too lounge-sounding and not dark enough. UNKLE's remix compliments IWTB very well IMO.

• Elders (Admins)

I didn't realise CC had chosen it, but I guess he gets involved in every element of the creative process!

I've listened to that remix a number of times at night on my PC (before my headphones snapped when I put them on!), you really get into it. I'd love to hear an Unkle remix of the Millennium theme, they could do wonders with that, although the original is still wonderful too!

Broken I thought, was really good, it went perfectly with the end credits flyover.

Here's the lyrics from some pop-up infested god awful site:

Dead state I can feel the weight

Light streaming in through an open grate

Two thread score tearing up the floor

Out in the alley with the trigger draw

Numb hands I can see the strand

Hold it together with a severed ban

Three lost years I've been crying here

I'm over, I'm over, I'm over, I'm broken

Strung out with wings of the dawn

Hole in the black soul in the storm

Torn down through the cracks in the dark

We're miles adrift we're inches apart

I'm hit I can feel the grit

Sat in the asher on the beaten brick

Two thread main running through the vein

Out in the centre with a mirrored cane

Numb feet I can hear you speak

Hold it together with a severed streak

Three lost years I've been crying here

I'm over, I'm over, I'm over, I'm broken

Strung out with wings of the dawn

Hole in the black soul in the storm

Torn down through the cracks in the dark

We're miles adrift we're inches apart

Stood up on the side of the earth

Thrown back to the track to the dirt

Two thread lose an hour a day

We're miles adrift, we're inches away...

Hold it together with a severed bank

Can't feel the blood

Guest Laurent.

The lyrics fit quite well with the movie, but the sound is a bit too pop I think.

A suggestion for The Old Man: to replace all the awful sites that have more pop-ups for smilies and ringtones than actual lyrics, I use LyricWiki. This site is, like all wiki project, constantly getting better and the search engine is very effective as you can search for a line of lyrics, an artist or band or a song title in the same research.

edit: It's two minutes to midnight! (post #998)