Millennium - The Comic Book

Rate this topic

Guest One_Salient_Oversight

I was actually supposed to be one of the assistant editors but it sort of died - or else I got overlooked and fell out of the loop. I still have all the raw drawings and cover artwork on jpg that Dix emailed to me. Anyone know what happened? Dix, are you out there?

Guest jamjardi

I'd love to see a MM fan comic. It's characters and storylines lend itself to the medium very effectively, I think. I hope those with the talent still have plans to put one together.

I remember seeing a Frank Black fan comic somewhere on the net a few years ago but have been unable to find it since. Anyone know where it or others might be found?

Guest Dixon

I'm here, and I have great regrets concerning the manner in which the Millennium comic book died. I owe you and a lot of other people apologies.

While development of the unofficial Millennium comic book was in full swing -- one issue of the book was completed and several others had been scripted and were being illustrated -- things fell apart when it came time to print and distribute the book. Looming challenges and difficulties won out and I allowed the comic book project to collapse before a single issue of the series was ever released. A lot of very talented people put some hard work into this project and I'm sorry their work has never been seen.

As it stands now, I have no plans to resurrect the project, for a number of reasons. I agree, Millennium has great potential in the comic book medium, but creating a quality series was a mamoth undertaking. This is to say nothing of the fact that the series was completely unauthorized and unofficial. Perhaps someday the materials created for the project can be released in an underground collection, a sort of comic book scrapbook. For now, however, it remains only a memory.

Hi Brian, good to contact you again.

Of all the contributors I probably did the least anyway so I don't feel anything negative towards you at all. It would be great to actually see what the finished product was like though... any chance of copying it and mailing it to me?

Neil Cameron

Guest Dixon

Sadly, Neil, I can't even do that at the present moment! All of the first issue's lettering was done in a program that I don't have installed on this computer at this time. (Lettering the issue was by far the most challenging part of the process.) I have the files for the individual pages backed up but I simply can't open them right now. Clearly, everything about the Millennium comic book was literally shelved.