Sign in to follow this  
jrojas

Confusion?

I realize someone may have already posted on the matter but I haven't been able to come across any information as to the release of Season 2 in the US. Everything that I have read is a UK refrence. A Best Buy associate (who is a fan of the show) advised that FOX is not releasing Season 2 in the US due to "meager sales". Is this true or merely conjecture on his part.

:ouro:

Edited by jrojas

I highly doubt that. Meager sales...? o.O It actually did quite well in the US. I seem to remember a post about the S2 box and I asked if anyone had tried contacting Fox about it, but I couldn't find the post last time I looked for it. >.< Someone really should e-mail them or something, though

Guest se7en

......yeah, i'm sure that Best Buy associate has a direct pipeline to Fox!

the MM release in the U.S., hell everywhere, exceeded everyone's wildest expectations, even the geniuses over at Fox.

...Not too mention that a representative from promotions has just, thankfully, put me on the list to recieve advance preview/pre-release copies of both U.S./REGION-1 S2/3-sets whenever the "official" dates are announced since i tend to foucs on the N.American side of things here and at MDUK.-(as of now S2 has a tenative release of Jan./05 and S3 June/05.)

...i've said it before: AT THIS POINT, WITH THE SALES IT HAS ALREADY ACHEIVED, THERE IS "NO WAY" THE OTHER 2 SEASONS WILL NOT BE RELEASED. "NONE". "ZIP".

...like 96% of sales reps in big chain stores he was just completely talking out of his arse for reasons only sales reps will understand.-LOL!

TAKE CARE,

se7en :ouro:

How exactly does one get on said list to receive pre-view versions? o.o I'd appreciate it if you could pm me that info. ::big pleading smile:: :bigsmile: I have not seen a S2 or s3 ep since they were on Fox. And I never got to see most of S3 :cry:

Guest se7en

.....as far as i know-(this is my first time doing this)- promotions depts. of studios will send out preview/pre-release materials to print journalists, traditionally, but nowadays that's been broadened to included fan-site adminitrators, online review facilities and such.-(and yeah, they check! :p )

~PEACE,

se7en

POST 1951:

MY AUNT LOUISE, AGAIN MY FATHER'S SISTER, WAS BORN JUNE/1951. A VERY KIND AND CARING, SUPPORTIVE PERSON IN THE FAMILY.

Thanks for the informed reply se7en - I thought his comments were a bit presumptuous.

Sign in to follow this