ABC's New Show "Miracles" Looks Good

Rate this topic

Guest Furst

I saw the adds for this new MM like show last night.  Maybe we could have a new show to talk about!  Starts Jan. 27.

It has to be good.  It has a parental warning for adult subject matter!

Furst

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks Furst!

We may see them in the UK soon.

I was amazed to see UK's BBC2 have been broadcasting sneaky trailers for "Taken" :alien: for the last 2 weeks stating it's coming soon. I'm looking forward to this one...

I'm amazed Sky One missed that one! :tongue:

Regards,

Graham.

Guest mbchaosfilms
I am really looking foward to it, but have nightmares that they ABC will kill the show just like they did Twin Peaks

The problem for me is that this show will air opposite of CSI Miami, and I love that show. My VCR is gone because of my dvd player, and I'm not buying another.  Maybe it's TIVO to the rescue.

Blue :suspect:

ABC plans to run adds during the Superbowl!  I hope this will keep the show on the air for at least 6 shows.  Just hink what MM would be if FOx would have done the same when they had the Superbowl.

Everyone should have a TIVO.  It's the future.

Furst

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Olivier.Laurent
I am really looking foward to it, but have nightmares that they ABC will kill the show just like they did Twin Peaks

Well it looks like ABC is really believing in this new show. Tey are "killing" The Practice for it. They are thinking about moving The Practice on Monday at 9pm (against David E. Kelley's Boston Public) and giving the Sunday 10pm time slot to Miracles because they believe this new show can have the same success The X-Files had (they put it in these very words!) Moving is a high risk for The Practice, it took the show a very long time to find an audience, and I do not think it will survive the move over the long run.

Now about Miracles, I do not know. I saw the ads and commercials on television when I was in New York last week, and so far it does look like a copy of The X-Files with a taste of MillenniuM into it. We have two persons investigating strange paranormal cases that nobody cares about, and they find themselves against a greater power, a sort of conspiration that tries to prevent them from learning the truth. A lot of these investigations seems to be religious related. I will need to see some episodes in order to form an opinion on this show, but I'm afraid it will try too much to be The X-Files... We will see.

However, I have to say that the photography and the directing of the show seem to be really amazing. Très soigné

Guest mbchaosfilms
Overall I used to love The Practice but this year it has sucked. Oh and by the way Boston Public is on at 8pm, and to add to it ABC is going full force behind the new Dragnet, Miracles does not stand a chance, enjoy it while it is on.