Maps Aren't Always What They Seem

Rate this topic

Guest CyberDude

Guest CyberDude

I saw this on some dude's homepage but the actual image was small and blurry. I picked up the idea and made a larger and detailed map (I used Yahoo! Maps for that, hope they don't mind :wtf: ).

It's a map of the area surrounding The White House and the Capitol, I drew the blue lines along streets of Washington and the way I saw the original idea.

I also found some interesting articles on this matter:

freemasonry page

Freemasonry watch

a study

of course there are many more, I just picked up a few of the google search results on "washington" "DC" "map" and "pentagram"

post-1075-1109237486_thumb.jpg

Guest fledgling666

i've seen this before, all i have to contribute is that many, many designers during the rennaissence (sp?) and afterward used geometric forms in much of their work. city planners were prolly no different. the second or third link you posted goes as far as discussing the occultist themes imbedded in just about every geometric form there is. a city planner has to use some geometric shapes in order to make the city accessible, otherwise, it looks like it's just been thrown together, like the city i live in.