The Favorite Episode Poll

Rate this topic

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

I just checked the 'Favorite Episode Poll' here on the board and I was pleasantly surprised to find that "Anamnesis" is actually in 6th place! (with my vote too, of course)

So, I guess I don't need to be dragged off, tied up, institutionalized, and beaten quite yet.

Of course, if there just happens to be a large, pretty blond lady out there with absolutely nothing else to do... (cough...)

Seriously though, after learning a LOT at this board from all of you great people here, I HAVE to be brutally honest and say now that I am beginning to understand the overall intent, original direction, and vision of the show, as enamored as I am with the lyrical qualities and lovely aesthetics of "Anamnesis" I have to admit that viewed in the context of the whole series and givin the truly powerful elements, imagery, and revelations contained in the episode, I have to say that I am truly leaning much more strongly towards "Lamentation".

Just a humble thought as to how my understanding and views have grown and have been enhanced by being here...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I just checked the 'Favorite Episode Poll' here on the board and I was pleasantly surprised to find that "Anamnesis" is actually in 6th place! (with my vote too, of course)

So, I guess I don't need to be dragged off, tied up, institutionalized, and beaten quite yet.

Of course, if there just happens to be a large, pretty blond lady out there with absolutely nothing else to do... (cough...)

Seriously though, after learning a LOT at this board from all of you great people here, I HAVE to be brutally honest and say now that I am beginning to understand the overall intent, original direction, and vision of the show, as enamored as I am with the lyrical qualities and lovely aesthetics of "Anamnesis" I have to admit that viewed in the context of the whole series and givin the truly powerful elements, imagery, and revelations contained in the episode, I have to say that I am truly leaning much more strongly towards "Lamentation".

Just a humble thought as to how my understanding and views have grown and have been enhanced by being here...

Thanks!

I agree with your last point. I'm not exactly the village idiot, but a good deal of the symbolism and complexities of this show are lost on me, and I have learned a lot from reading this message board. Any time I have a question about anything I am sure to find it right here. I was never a big fan of Anamnesis, but when I got my DVDs and watched it again, it wasn't as bad as I remembered. I don't say that to be argumentative, it just was not one of my favs. I too am surprised to hear it ranked 6th, but it wasn't on my all time worst list either. Lamentation, on the other hand, IS one of my all time favorites and my definite preference among the two. Lamentation is a classic and an example of Millennium at its very best.

I agree with your last point. I'm not exactly the village idiot, but a good deal of the symbolism and complexities of this show are lost on me, and I have learned a lot from reading this message board. Any time I have a question about anything I am sure to find it right here. I was never a big fan of Anamnesis, but when I got my DVDs and watched it again, it wasn't as bad as I remembered. I don't say that to be argumentative, it just was not one of my favs. I too am surprised to hear it ranked 6th, but it wasn't on my all time worst list either. Lamentation, on the other hand, IS one of my all time favorites and my definite preference among the two. Lamentation is a classic and an example of Millennium at its very best.

Thanks for the nice comment! Yes, 'Lamentation' is indeed one of the very top episodes for sure; it has just about everything (well, except the stripper in the Pilot :bigsmile: )

BTW, I AM a Village Idiot!!! And I have worked VERY hard indeed and busted my @ss to attain this position! You have a problem with this?!!! :fuyou_2: :rofl:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks for the nice comment! Yes, 'Lamentation' is indeed one of the very top episodes for sure; it has just about everything (well, except the stripper in the Pilot :bigsmile: )

BTW, I AM a Village Idiot!!! And I have worked VERY hard indeed and busted my @ss to attain this position! You have a problem with this?!!! :fuyou_2: :rofl:

LOL, no, no problem here, but I just love that little red guy flipping me the bird, that's funny, I don't remember seeing that one before. Yes, I think they should have tried to work the stripper from the pilot into all of the episodes, but you can't have everything. Lamentation didn't have the stripper, but the lovely Lucy Butler more than made up for that :devil:

LOL, no, no problem here, but I just love that little red guy flipping me the bird, that's funny, I don't remember seeing that one before. Yes, I think they should have tried to work the stripper from the pilot into all of the episodes, but you can't have everything. Lamentation didn't have the stripper, but the lovely Lucy Butler more than made up for that :devil:

Good point!

:WhipMeLucysaidFrank: Whip me Lucy, Whip Me!!! :w00t:

BTW, Joe, do NOT get all excited and 'whip out' one of your treasured 'Flintbones' episodes!!! :nahah:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Good point!

:WhipMeLucysaidFrank: Whip me Lucy, Whip Me!!! :w00t:

BTW, Joe, do NOT get all excited and 'whip out' one of your treasured 'Flintbones' episodes!!! :nahah:

LOL, another one of my favorite emoticons. By the way, you and everyone else probably knows this, but Lucy can be seen on Divinci's Inquest and she is also in the movie "The Invitation" with Lance. I finally had to buy the Invitation because none of the rental places seem to carry it. It was pretty good, but as i probably mentioned before, not the kind of movie I'm going to wear out.

LOL, another one of my favorite emoticons. By the way, you and everyone else probably knows this, but Lucy can be seen on Divinci's Inquest and she is also in the movie "The Invitation" with Lance. I finally had to buy the Invitation because none of the rental places seem to carry it. It was pretty good, but as i probably mentioned before, not the kind of movie I'm going to wear out.

Thanks for the reminder; I just put "The Invitation" into my Netflix queue (on-line DVD rental) but I cannot get the Canadian series "Divinci's Inquest".

Guest betweenthelines

Is The Invitation another horror movie? And do Lance and Sarah have any scenes together?

Is The Invitation another horror movie? And do Lance and Sarah have any scenes together?

I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've read, yes it is a Horror film. Here are the details if you haven't had a chance to read them yet:

The Invitation

It appears that she is a primary character (4th listed) so I would assume it very likely that they have a LOT of screen time together. (Of course NOT the kind of screen time that 4th Horseman seems to be praying for... I think he's been hanging around Joe FAR too much... :bigsmile: )

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks for the reminder; I just put "The Invitation" into my Netflix queue (on-line DVD rental) but I cannot get the Canadian series "Divinci's Inquest".

You will enjoy the Invitation. Divinci is, if I remember correctly, on WGN. Some people get it with their cable service, some don't seem to. It's very good, but I tend to forget that it's on, or have something that is higher on my list of "must watch" shows. I do get a kick out of seeing all of the former X-files and Millennium guests, but it's not in the same league that those two shows were.