Season One, 2nd Disk.

Rate this topic

Guest The Daughter

Guest The Daughter

The family was out for the early evening and so left me, a bottle wine and some dips all alone in the house without worries...just a few scary thoughts after watching these four....

522666 - I actually remembered this one from Sky but without having to sit through scores of pointless cuts and break ads, it never lost me or my train of thoughts once! Kaboom!!

I was taken in from the very off, the opener dragged me in and held me there to the very bitter end. It had more than just slight undertones from the film "Seven" and I`m sure I read somewhere the connection between Milly and that film - could it be James Wong? Wow, I feel so humble to even write my stupid reviews without the vast great knowledge you all seem to have.

A good pick up from the last two dissapointing stories!

Kingdom Come - The lush directing and filming of this series totally came into play with this one as it first did with "pilot". The sweet sounds from the choir, the sweeping camara angles between the church, the choir and the confessional box only to lead to the horrors outside and the burning.

My spine was sent tingling again as Frank set about his work, how that man doesnt either go insane or drive himself to drink remains beyond me! More priests killed followed by the detective work that goes into it to try and find the killer then the slip up by the killer, he has returned home.

The poor fella that lost his family in a house fire, the torment of thinking his god has left him and the pain of trying to distance himself from his god further but what made this episode totally memorable was the stand off between the killer and Frank - both feeling different kinds of pain but both questioning faith due to different reasons.

The ending left me wondering if Frank was left on his knees, praying to his god when the gun was held against him. The pain and worry on Franks face until "Bang!" and the vision of shock and yet relief. I stopped the DVD at the end of this one to have one or two minutes of silence to catch my breath again then continued on to the next episode.

Blood Relatives - I felt that this was the weaker one on this disk, the story as usual was well thought out and the ending as perfect as normal, but yet I still felt it lacked its usual bite.

A freak of a boy that needed to give love and needed to feel love, going to funerals and stealing momentos from dead people in their coffins. His mother that abandoned him as a baby and left to the state to bring up. He was after a Mothers love and then the killing started.

When he pulled the mourning mother into the grave, my heart stopped beating for a second or two and I almost dropped my wine in my lap!! The message, found later of "Stop Looking" you just thought that this boy was totally messed up and leaving messages for the police. Another funeral, another killing but this time a beautiful blonde girl and he drowned her with the same inscription "Stop Looking"

Naturally, Frank and the team got their man...or so you were lead to believe until another twisted ending!!! I totally didnt see that coming, I didnt even think for a second it was his guardian doing the killing and the messages meaning to stop looking for someone to take care of you because I am here. The ending made the episode for me, I`m sure you can tell!

The Well Worn Lock - I have to admit really taking a dislike to Catherine when I first watched it all those years ago. I had the whole "bring frank back" feeling screaming through my body and so it must have spoilt my enjoyment. Actually, I believe that I turned this one off while it was on sky but last night, I had a more open and accepting mind - glad I did.

A simple yet touching story of the difficulties for both Catherine and Connie had to face to get Connies' father to court after years of abuse. The painful memories that were etched on Connies' face throughout, you really didnt know at first if she was making this story up because she was insane but as the story unfolded, your understanding and total hate towards her Father grew.

The only scary moment was watching the DA in action!! Her wild blonde hair and blue eyes really made you think that she could play a baddie from a Blade movie, I can see those Fangs just protruding from her mouth and the delight of sucking blood..... "Blade, I draw justice by day and draw virgins blood by night...."

A touching story that drew you into the characters pain and made you almost cheer at the end while dabbing the tears away as she threw the lock into a very beautiful waterfall.

Edited by The Daughter

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
The only scary moment was watching the DA in action!! Her wild blonde hair and blue eyes really made you think that she could play a baddie from a Blade movie, I can see those Fangs just protruding from her mouth and the delight of sucking blood..... "Blade, I draw justice by day and draw virgins blood by night...."

Very colorful comment; you have a great imagination! No wonder MillenniuM appeals so much to you! :yes:

Now, I NEED to get off my bottom and go back and watch those Season 1 shows!!! :doh:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
All great episodes, sounds like a great night in!

I agree, you can't beat curling up on the couch with a disc of Millennium, but Well Worn Lock was the first stinker I ran across, and a rare one in season 1. I agree with the original post that Blood Relatives was not great, but I still enjoyed it.

Guest The Daughter

Noo, well worn lock was a gem!! OK, so it didnt have Mr Black in it that much and concetrated with Catherine but the over all story - breath taking!!

Made me jump in parts, edge of my seat in others and cried at the end!! What more could you ask for in 45 mins?? (apart from more frank LOL!)

Edited by The Daughter

I agree, you can't beat curling up on the couch with a disc of Millennium, but Well Worn Lock was the first stinker I ran across, and a rare one in season 1. I agree with the original post that Blood Relatives was not great, but I still enjoyed it.

It's understandable why the episode may have not really resonated with you personally, the subject matter being VERY specific and told in a glaringly realistic way. But, none the less, probably one of the most gripping stories on the subject, particularly the subtle but chilling portrayal of the father...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Noo, well worn lock was a gem!! OK, so it didnt have Mr Black in it that much and concetrated with Catherine but the over all story - breath taking!!

Made me jump in parts, edge of my seat in others and cried at the end!! What more could you ask for in 45 mins?? (apart from more frank LOL!)

I will have to watch that one again and get back with you. It seems like it was better the second time I watched it, so maybe the third time will be a charm and I will love it. Like I said though, I don't rank it at the very bottom of the barrel, just closer to the bottom than the top. I save the bottom of the barrel for episodes like 13 years later and human essence :yes: .

I will have to watch that one again and get back with you. It seems like it was better the second time I watched it, so maybe the third time will be a charm and I will love it. Like I said though, I don't rank it at the very bottom of the barrel, just closer to the bottom than the top. I save the bottom of the barrel for episodes like 13 years later and human essence :yes: .

Well, I think it's just a matter of the occasional episode that is VERY narrowly focused on a particular subject without a lot of other issues or angles being mixed in. So, in those kind of cases (and with MillenniuM there are quite a few) they are either really gonna grab you or leave you a little cool about it. Whereas you have an episode jammed full of a bunch of different stuff and action going on (like 'Lamentation' for example) more people are probably gonna like it. Sorta like 'Closure'; it's basicly about Emma simply coming to terms with the fact that there just is no sense or 'reason' to explain why her sister was killed. To me it was rather simplistic, heavy handed and narrow, but maybe it would really resonate with someone who has gone through something similar (thus the same possibly with 'Well Worn Lock')

Does that make sense...? :wtf: