Another "Secret" Society

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

Holy Vehm: My Journey into a Real Secret Society

Some 'teasers':

Although they were believed to have disappeared at the end of the 16th century, their symbol of a red cross on a white background survives to this day in the International Committee of the Red Cross and their disappearance seems to have occurred at the same time as the appearance of the Rosicrucians (Rosy or Red Cross). Members even saw themselves as 'seers' and 'illumines' (Wissend or Wise Ones) and outsiders were known as those 'who had not seen the light.'

They had signs and words for recognition. In 1371, after the Peace of Westphalia, they reinforced by the wandering and proscribed Templars, according to Clavel [Clavel wrote Histoire Pittoresque de la Franc-maconnerie et des Societes Secretes in 1843], established themselves throughout the whole of eastern Germany, the Red Country.

I did not wait long as I was tapped on the shoulder by an elegant looking old gentleman with short gray hair and a dark suit. Behind him were two others, similarly gray with one in a tweed style jacket and the other in short sleeves. They all smiled at me and I was quickly put at ease.

"Come, let us drink." Said the man who had tapped me on the shoulder and with a large grin on his face he led me away a short distance to a waiting car - a large black Mercedes.

[Why do I keep seeing Fox Mulder and the 'well-dressed man'? Could there actually be a stereotype for members of secret societies?] :wtf:

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Holy Vehm: My Journey into a Real Secret Society

Some 'teasers':

Although they were believed to have disappeared at the end of the 16th century, their symbol of a red cross on a white background survives to this day in the International Committee of the Red Cross and their disappearance seems to have occurred at the same time as the appearance of the Rosicrucians (Rosy or Red Cross). Members even saw themselves as 'seers' and 'illumines' (Wissend or Wise Ones) and outsiders were known as those 'who had not seen the light.'

They had signs and words for recognition. In 1371, after the Peace of Westphalia, they reinforced by the wandering and proscribed Templars, according to Clavel [Clavel wrote Histoire Pittoresque de la Franc-maconnerie et des Societes Secretes in 1843], established themselves throughout the whole of eastern Germany, the Red Country.

I did not wait long as I was tapped on the shoulder by an elegant looking old gentleman with short gray hair and a dark suit. Behind him were two others, similarly gray with one in a tweed style jacket and the other in short sleeves. They all smiled at me and I was quickly put at ease.

"Come, let us drink." Said the man who had tapped me on the shoulder and with a large grin on his face he led me away a short distance to a waiting car - a large black Mercedes.

[Why do I keep seeing Fox Mulder and the 'well-dressed man'? Could there actually be a stereotype for members of secret societies?] :wtf:

Neat stuff SC!!! Neat stuff!