Can anybody help me with my Millennium Mix?

Rate this topic

Guest The Wicker Man

Guest The Wicker Man

I dont mean to rehash any old subjects, but its been awhile since ive posted and frankly I missed you guys!

Ive had it in my head to put together a mix that features songs that most strongly repersent the show. About 13 (dont ask me why) . What songs from all seasons in your minds would represent millennium the best. ( love is blue goes without saying) Perhaps we could start a poll on the best featured songs from the show?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I dont mean to rehash any old subjects, but its been awhile since ive posted and frankly I missed you guys!

Ive had it in my head to put together a mix that features songs that most strongly repersent the show. About 13 (dont ask me why) . What songs from all seasons in your minds would represent millennium the best. ( love is blue goes without saying) Perhaps we could start a poll on the best featured songs from the show?

I would probably have to go with "Horses" by Patty Smith, then maybe "Memories are Made of This" by Dean Martin, then "Close to You" by the Carpenters, then, the one in the beginning of Darwin's Eye, I think it is "Trimm Trabb" by Blur, based on the credits. Also worth an honorable mention, "The Dark End of the Street" by James Carr, and from the Pilot, "Head Like a Hole" by Nine Inch Nails, "More Human Than Human" by White Zombie "Piggy" by Nine Inch Nails, "Roads" by Portishead, and "In the Hands of Death" by Rob Zombie & Alice Cooper. As for Mark Snow music, it's hard to say because it's all so good, but some of his stuff from Omerta, Midnight of the Century, and Luminary stands out for me.

Just fill all 120 minutes of your CD with "Love is Blue" on loop. You don't need any other songs!

Well okay, you can have a brief intermission of Horses.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

Great Idea! BTW, I LOVE your screen name... EXCELLENT FILM!!!

Guest The Wicker Man
Great Idea! BTW, I LOVE your screen name... EXCELLENT FILM!!!

Thanks for the help and kind words! Heres what I have so far

1main theme

2love is blue

3memories are made

4more human than human

5roads

6head like a hole

7dark end of the road

8 closer to you

9in the year 2525

10my war

11life during war time

12ill never fall in love again

13horses

im having trouble finding the mark snow scores for omerta and midnight of the century, i recall mention on this site of a unofficial or import soundtrack or 2.

I ve also taken advantage of our sister site's episode guide that includes song information. I am not completely attached to several of these songs IE 9 INCH NAILS, AND WHITE ZOMBIE. THE ONLY REASON MORE HUMAN SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN MY MIND IS DUE TO PILOT. HEY PIG JUST DOESNT WORK FOR ME. granted these were great songs when in my teens...maybe ive just heard them too much? songs like 2525, love is blue, horses, and dark end evoke such poignant moments and episdoes. theres just something bitter sweet about them. Any one have any more ideas for similar iconic tracks? (ps i forgot goodbye charlie )thank you all again for your help, and perhaps through a member based song poll we could create our own fan site group mix?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks for the help and kind words! Heres what I have so far

1main theme

2love is blue

3memories are made

4more human than human

5roads

6head like a hole

7dark end of the road

8 closer to you

9in the year 2525

10my war

11life during war time

12ill never fall in love again

13horses

im having trouble finding the mark snow scores for omerta and midnight of the century, i recall mention on this site of a unofficial or import soundtrack or 2.

I ve also taken advantage of our sister site's episode guide that includes song information. I am not completely attached to several of these songs IE 9 INCH NAILS, AND WHITE ZOMBIE. THE ONLY REASON MORE HUMAN SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN MY MIND IS DUE TO PILOT. HEY PIG JUST DOESNT WORK FOR ME. granted these were great songs when in my teens...maybe ive just heard them too much? songs like 2525, love is blue, horses, and dark end evoke such poignant moments and episdoes. theres just something bitter sweet about them. Any one have any more ideas for similar iconic tracks? (ps i forgot goodbye charlie )thank you all again for your help, and perhaps through a member based song poll we could create our own fan site group mix?

If you need any alternates or additions and like "golden oldies", you can consider "Goodbye Charlie" by Bobby Darin from Monster. Also, if you want to add another patty Smith, there is "Dancing Barefoot" from anamnesis. Another one I forgot that would definitely be on my Millennium mix would be "A Perfect Day Elise" by PJ Harvey from Nostalgia.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
If you need any alternates or additions and like "golden oldies", you can consider "Goodbye Charlie" by Bobby Darin from Monster. Also, if you want to add another patty Smith, there is "Dancing Barefoot" from anamnesis. Another one I forgot that would definitely be on my Millennium mix would be "A Perfect Day Elise" by PJ Harvey from Nostalgia.

Oops, I didn't notice that you caught "Goodbye Charlie". That one would have even more meaning to me on a Millennium mix, given that Frank was such a big fan of Bobby. The song was also used in the episode "Goodbye Charlie", but I think Bobby Darin does a lot better job than Steven Kiley. :oneeyedwinK

Guest The Wicker Man

there is something so bizzare about the opening of that episode, enhanced only by kylie renditon of goodbye charlie...Ive opted for the aforementioned songs for what now must become my first millennium mix "we are all sheppards". I would like to add just a few audio clips for the second and would welcome any comments on this. There is such a wealth of songs that invoke so many fond memories of favorite show. I would like to put a focus on the snow instrumentals this time around. It goes without saying that I must also compile the love is blue will breaker cd. In case I show any creativity in my day to day actions I can always slow myself down. :bigsmile:

• 1 year later...
Guest sheavy

Hi Guys, My name is Mike, I'm From Toronto Canada. I just went and tried to purchase the millennium album at

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...36&s=143441

It's only for sale at the american store. I can't buy it from the Canadian Itunes store, you have to have an American addy to buy from the American Itunes store. If any of you reading this have this album or any other millennium themed home brewed cd's,Please please send me a private message. Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Mike from Toronto.