Duchovny On Leno

Rate this topic

saw him on Leno Friday nite........hes promoting Trust The Man. Leno asked him about X-Files 2 movie. Still talking about that it is still a go but there are some legal issues. I was then taken by David saying there will be a new franchise. What Does This mean?

a new series?

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
saw him on Leno Friday nite........hes promoting Trust The Man. Leno asked him about X-Files 2 movie. Still talking about that it is still a go but there are some legal issues. I was then taken by David saying there will be a new franchise. What Does This mean?

a new series?

WHOA... Joe, you ARE the man!!! EXCELLENT FIND!!! :Congrats:

I would LOVE to see that interview; I've never really seen him as himself except for the snippets in the bonus materials. If anyone knows anywhere to go on line to see that interview PLEASE do let me know! Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Frank L.

Hey Joe, I didn't see this thread before, that's why I'm responding so late.

Well, Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz and Duchovny have talked about multiple movies, for example one every 3 years. Like the Star Trek movies. That's basically a movie franchise. Spotnitz said The X-Files was probably never going to return to the small screen, so why not on the big screen? :swingin:

A new Duchovny interview:

What will a new “The X-Files” feature be – the first part of a planned trilogy like the Batman and Superman revivals?

“Well, I think that at this point since it’s been four years off the air I think that you have to re-establish what it is. I think that there has to be some of that. There has to be some back story, and you want to make it for people who have never seen it.”

That means a self-contained first episode?

“Yeah. I think that it should be a case. I don’t think that it should necessarily involve aliens although I’m sure that will somehow work it’s way into the story. But I think that it should be - like ‘Silence of the Lambs’ would’ve been a great ‘X-File’ film. Like that. I think that it has to be a thriller that could really stand on its own, and just happens to be with these characters that we know.”

And another one (August 14; this is the first time somebody says the issues with FOX are financial)

Before the cameras roll (presumably next year), Duchovny said, “There are some issues apparently that have to be resolved, but they’re not creative. I think that they’re financial.”

Asked about the casting for the feature, who beyond he and Anderson would return, Duchovny said, “I would think that Mitch [Pileggi] who plays Skinner would probably be there. If it wasn’t conspiracy-based, alien-based, then I don’t think that you’d have the villains, the Smoking Man and all of that.”

I think Duchovny forgot that CSM is definately dead this time. How on earth would they bring him back? A clone?

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Hey Joe, I didn't see this thread before, that's why I'm responding so late.

Well, Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz and Duchovny have talked about multiple movies, for example one every 3 years. Like the Star Trek movies. That's basically a movie franchise. Spotnitz said The X-Files was probably never going to return to the small screen, so why not on the big screen? :swingin:

A new Duchovny interview:

What will a new “The X-Files” feature be – the first part of a planned trilogy like the Batman and Superman revivals?

“Well, I think that at this point since it’s been four years off the air I think that you have to re-establish what it is. I think that there has to be some of that. There has to be some back story, and you want to make it for people who have never seen it.”

That means a self-contained first episode?

“Yeah. I think that it should be a case. I don’t think that it should necessarily involve aliens although I’m sure that will somehow work it’s way into the story. But I think that it should be - like ‘Silence of the Lambs’ would’ve been a great ‘X-File’ film. Like that. I think that it has to be a thriller that could really stand on its own, and just happens to be with these characters that we know.”

And another one (August 14; this is the first time somebody says the issues with FOX are financial)

Before the cameras roll (presumably next year), Duchovny said, “There are some issues apparently that have to be resolved, but they’re not creative. I think that they’re financial.”

Asked about the casting for the feature, who beyond he and Anderson would return, Duchovny said, “I would think that Mitch [Pileggi] who plays Skinner would probably be there. If it wasn’t conspiracy-based, alien-based, then I don’t think that you’d have the villains, the Smoking Man and all of that.”

Nice interviews Frank! Thanks!!!

Sure, I figured that the issues were financial; I doubt with Chris Carter's past record that Fox would have many reservations creatively. It's always THE MONEY, you know!

I think Duchovny forgot that CSM is definately dead this time. How on earth would they bring him back? A clone?

Dude, it's the X-FILES!!!