Abyss Ratings for "TEOTWAWKI" through "Through a Glass, Darkly"

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

What do you think of the Millennial Abyss' Episode Scores?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Feel free to opine on each of your choices too.
ZF - again, it looks like we agree, except for a small difference on "Through a Glass Darkly"..

TEOTWAWKI - overblown, fathers killing sons in order to prevent the truth from coming out, to maintain the "cover up" concerning the "possibility" of global collapse just didnt sit well with me...

Thirteen Years Later - cheesy, but i still watch it to hear him say "voyeuristic anthropophagic" - man thats a mouthful..and he says it twice, with a straight face!!!!

(also, did anyone else notice that the actor who played the part of Sir Douglas Latham (Madman Maniac Killer), Matthew Walker, also played a MillenniuM Group Elder in Matyroshka)

Through a Glass Darkly - I thought this was a truely great episode showing how insidious true and full manipulation of another human being can be. Although blown about by a differing wind, the darkness and evil was just as forceful and malevolent as those epis with Lucy Butler, etc...

4th Horseman...

Guest ZeusFaber
TEOTWAWKI - overblown, fathers killing sons in order to prevent the truth from coming out, to maintain the "cover up" concerning the "possibility" of global collapse just didnt sit well with me...

I don't have any objection to the episode the way you do. I think it's a solid entry, just not one of the great 5 out of 5 episodes.

Thirteen Years Later - cheesy, but i still watch it to hear him say "voyeuristic anthropophagic" - man thats a mouthful..and he says it twice, with a straight face!!!!

Again, I don't dislike the episode, but I would mark it down just slightly to 3 out of 5 myself.

Through a Glass Darkly - I thought this was a truely great episode showing how insidious true and full manipulation of another human being can be. Although blown about by a differing wind, the darkness and evil was just as forceful and malevolent as those epis with Lucy Butler, etc...

And again, no objections to the episode, I just don't regard it as one of the top-of-the-line 5 out of 5 episodes. That's the trend for most of this batch IMO -- I generally agree with how the Abyss regards them, just not quite to the same excess.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I don't have any objection to the episode the way you do. I think it's a solid entry, just not one of the great 5 out of 5 episodes.

Again, I don't dislike the episode, but I would mark it down just slightly to 3 out of 5 myself.

And again, no objections to the episode, I just don't regard it as one of the top-of-the-line 5 out of 5 episodes. That's the trend for most of this batch IMO -- I generally agree with how the Abyss regards them, just not quite to the same excess.

Yes, I would give TEOTWAWKI a 4 out of 5. I have thrashed 13 Years enough, so I will just say I would give it a 2 and leave it at that, but a 4 out of 5 on that one from the Abyss is definitely one of those few "off the wall" rankings that leave me scratching my head. I would bump Closure up to a 4, mainly because some of the writing involving Emma's character, and Through a Glass Darkly gets a five for sure.