X-Files: The Ultimate Collection

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
This is kinda cool but it makes my collection absolete

heres the link X-Files

Looks interesting, but I wonder why they feel people would have any need for the mythology sets if they have all of the complete seasons. I think I would just as soon take your collection and get them over a period of time.

Guest ZeusFaber

Probably for the extra commentaries and featurettes. I myself would like to have them, but obviously couldn't justify duplicating the episodes for them. If you didn't have a single DVD from the series already though, it would be for the best to include them on this ultimate collection. Certainly puts the ugly Region 2 "Complete Series" set to shame.

For those of us with all the Collector's Editions already though, Joe, I would hardly say it makes them obsolete. Just a different way of buying them depending on how much you already own.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Probably for the extra commentaries and featurettes. I myself would like to have them, but obviously couldn't justify duplicating the episodes for them. If you didn't have a single DVD from the series already though, it would be for the best to include them on this ultimate collection. Certainly puts the ugly Region 2 "Complete Series" set to shame.

For those of us with all the Collector's Editions already though, Joe, I would hardly say it makes them obsolete. Just a different way of buying them depending on how much you already own.

Ahhh yes, the extra features. I forgot all about that. Of course, that makes sense because it's against my religion to watch the special features. As I have said before, I am not criticizing them, but for me personally, it's like watching a magic show and then having someone reveal how they did everything afterwords. Plus, I like, for example, to think of Frank and Peter as Frank and Peter, not Lance and Terry. :oneeyedwinK