A brief introduction

Guest Heath328

Guest Heath328

Another member saw my first couple of posts and urged me to introduce myself here.

My name is Heath Griner, and I'm a South Georgia resident. I graduated as an English major and worked more than a decade in daily newspapers. After wrestling with the decision to change careers and answer God's call on my life, I'm switching gears and enrolling in a seminary for a degree in pastoral counseling. My wife is a partner cut from the Agent Dana Scully mold -- she's smart, beautiful, and the perfect foil for her sometimes less serious partner. Our daughter's name is the same as one of the more prominent characters in "Millennium."

I started watching "Millennium" because I had been a big fan of "The X-Files" from the start. I knew that anything Chris Carter created would be good, and -- well, I'm sure you folks agree. Everything about both programs appealed to the part of me that loves literature. I always appreciated the fact that "Millennium" has such a strong spiritual side, delving into questions of good and evil that are rarely posed on network TV. I don't know much about Mr. Carter's personal beliefs, but his work shows a tremendous respect for what people like myself believe.

I also happen to think that Frank Black is one of the best characters ever brought to life in any medium. That has a great deal to with the program's writers and Lance Henriksen's wonderful performance. It would be a shame if Mr. Henriksen never had the opportunity to put Frank on the big screen.

Guest Laurent.

It's cool to have a new member here! I'm looking forward to see you join in our many never ending discussions. Glad you took the time to tell us a bit about yourself; lately, I've been wondering what was the profile of the "average" millennium viewer. Anyway, this is probably not the place to start a survey of this kind...

By the way, I just realized that my post always lack structure and/or a main idea... there mostly random thoughts that cross my mind while I'm typing....

WELCOME TO THE BOARD! :fool::clapping::hiya:

P.S. most members here are a lot more articulated than I am! hahaha! But they're all good fellows and I am sure you will enjoy your time here.

Guest SouthernCelt

Welcome! If we Southeastern US members try hard, pretty soon we can outnumber the UK-ers on here. :wink:

I think a lot of us here share your interest in Millennium due to it's delving into the age-old good vs. evil question but in a very unique way (for television). It was one of the few shows that didn't "dumb down" the plot to appeal those who only wanted entertainment not a challenge. I think you'll find the membership here runs the gamut in terms of belief, vis-a-vis religion, but that usually helps to keep the interchanges interesting.

Hope to hear more from you soon.