Dreams

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, so apologies if I should have taken the post somewhere else. Anyway, I had some peculiar dreams last night . . . both of which involved MM.

Weird Dream #1: a movie made in the early 1980's about a college student who lives in an apartment and proceeds to kill off his roommates. The plot, even by slasher movie standards, was haphazardly constructed. The apartment was on-campus, which means the group of kids would have had floormates. Floormates who would probably have heard the screams of pain from the victim and called the police afterward. Instead . . . nothing. Even the roommates who are alive don't do anything, even though the killer doesn't tie them up or use another method to prevent them from saving the victim. The ending was the best part, and I don't necessarily mean that in a complimentary manner. One of the female roommates decides to sneak up on the killer so she can knock him out with a baseball bat. As she reaches the killer and proceeds to try and stop him, she drops the bat. The killer looks at her and the film ends. Upon typing this, I realized that male and female students probably wouldn't be able to live together.

Weird Dream #2: This was a portion of a non-existant "Millennium" episode. Frank Black is consoling a woman who lost someone close to her. Cut to a scene of the woman sitting at a table in a restaurant. She notices the man at the next table praying but doesn't become nervous until the man starts whispering about someone who left him and how he'd like to kill her. The woman gets scared, leaves the table, and is shot by the man who sat near her. The woman dies from the gunshot wound.

And in case you're wondering what the first dream has to do with the show, well the killer was played by none other than Lance Henriksen.

Edited by betweenthelines

• 3 months later...

I would like to think on this one.

Obviously, Millennium has gotten to your subconscious. Let me ask you, do you dream in color? Do your dreams have details such as taste, textures to the feel, details of each face, clothes, shadows, air currents, etc? During the day, have you recently sensed particular feeling that is subdominant - underlying, but pronounced enough to discern from one part of the hour to the next? Are those feelings saying something about the people around you, something you suspect about the way they are living their lives? Do you wonder if that subdominant feeling applies to you in the same way? Do you sense that people around you aren't in control of their lives, their actions, and does that make you feel uncomfortable about yourself? [the dream where the murderer is in action, but no one is doing anything about themselves or the situation] Often, I find that my dreams are a medium by which my mind is trying to get my attention about something that I've been casually dismissing or ignoring. To me, and maybe just me, the collogue of images with the opening theme song of Millennium suggests a dream state that is disturbing, fearful, and yet would resolve as the music ends on a Major chord (happy chord) and the scene of the Black's yellow house in the sun lit day.

One of the themes I noticed in Millennium - and of which I really liked, was that Frank didn't always play the role of the victor-savior. Sometimes, he was close, but not in time to make a difference. This bothered him, and Katherine would be there to be his counselor, but more important his encourager. I liked that about their relationship. She was the one person, other than his daughter, who brought smiles to his face.

Here's hoping that you continue to have interesting and meaningful dreams, and that the one person in your life who makes you grin continues to do so right up to the end of each day.

Edited by Photeinos