More puzzling "what's up with people today?" news

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest Laurent.

For crying out loud...

why hasn't the video been removed yet? The news website from the first link is offering access to the video.... that's just wrong; violent voyeurism.

The world continues to decline to the lowest common denominator. Selfish brutes with boorish behavior are our great anti heroes. Kids get by with murder in schools and at home. They see Brittany and Hilton acting likes asses and getting lots of love and attention. Why should they think they should act any differently?

Guest peas_and_corn

It's called 'happy slapping'. Apparently it started in Scotland, and it has spread around the world.

Guest Laurent.
It's called 'happy slapping'. Apparently it started in Scotland, and it has spread around the world.

What's that?

Guest SouthernCelt

And I ask again: "what's up with people today?" I don't see how inflicting a beating on someone could be considered to have any happiness in it.

I find it a bit ludicrous that people can say something detrimental or hurtful about another person and immediately be in jeapardy of being arrested, e.g. hate crime, or being sued for slander, losing your job or just being publicly identified as a nasty person :nahah: but a bunch of young people can physically attack someone and there's a debate about whether the victim "deserved it". :wha:

Guest peas_and_corn

Well, it's pretty stupid. Where I'm from the police now have people scouring YouTube for these videos, tracking down the people responsible and convicting them for assault based on their posted videos. It's a stupid thing to do...