Planning a trip to Vancouver

Rate this topic

Guest Forza

Guest Forza

Later this fall, my wife and I will be traveling to Vancouver. It's my first trip there, and I'll have some time on my own when she's in a workshop. I was wondering where various locations depicted in MM can be found (e.g., the Yellow House, Frank's second season house, Gehenna factory, Seattle Public Safety Building, whatever). I already have a book I picked up for nothing at amazon.com called "X Marks the Spot" that details X-Files shooting locations, but I have no such resource for MM. Anybody have suggestions for must-see MillenniuM spots? Ceratinly, Vancouver has evolved since 1999, but there has to be some great stuff left....

Forza...welcome to the board...in regards to your question, the yellow house is still there, as on the board in the archives are photos taken by a fellow member. I think the Gehenna factory or the Seattle Works buildings (the one where Frank and Peter find the teeth) has been demolished...you might want to see if the bar from the the pilot is still there, i think its called Ruby's...

4th Horseman

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Forza,

Just to add to what 4th Horseman has suggested already, I was looking at the Episode Profile for Pilot and we the following listed under Background Information:

The peep-show club, which we called the Ruby Tip, was inspired by a Seattle institution which is called the Lusty Lady which is on Main Street in Seattle, which is where the pilot is set and the show is set.

You can read more about the Lusty Lady here.

The memorable scene on the bridge where Frank Black chased the killer was filmed on Burrard Street Bridge in Vancouver, Canada.

There is a webcam on that bridge available here.

We have lots of images on the Yellow House with address. You can also read about TempusFugits's visit to the Yellow House here on the main site and also in this topic at TIWWA.

You may also want to check out our Episode Locations List and Episode Locations Map.

Edited by The Old Man
Additional links added to help.