Milennium vista gadget problems (Help)

Rate this topic

Guest Ian00

Hi everyone im new to this site just finished watching season 3, and found this site and are so excited to read every forums. i tried downloading the windows vista gadget, it worked but the problem i have is that it says WELCOME COMET. as comet the store the laptop came from?? HELP anyone i want it to say my name!!!! How do i change this as i got the laptop for xmas and dont no what to do

Thanxs ian

HI Ian00 and welcome to TIWWA. I hope you have a very pleasant time on the boards. That particular widget was created by the board's owner Graham so I am sure he will be able to offer you advice when he is next around, he's brilliant at all things tech, but I recall a similar problem was experienced by Jared when he installed it. As I recall Graham offered advice in the following thread. I don't know if it will provide you with an answer but it's a very good place to start I guess. Best wishes,

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

thanks guys. Yes the problem stems from the way Vista creates a user account's documents and settings folder. Perhaps they'll address this in Windows 7, who knows for sure. For no though, I don't think you can change the name of this folder where the gadget (via the system setting variable) gets your name unless you do a reinstall, but its probably not worth it. I'm very sorry!