Want to watch MM with other Fans?

Rate this topic

Guest Pluto

Guest Pluto

After reading the thread about how RodimusBen's freinds snubbed their veiwing of Millennium, and how some of us have had similiar experiences, I thought I would introduce everyone here to what myself and about 40 other XF fans have been doing.

For the last 12 months we have been meeting on Skype once a week, and watching XF episodes together.

We all start a planned episode at the same moment, and use text chat and voice-chat as we watch it. Although voice is optional.

Sometimes there's only 5 of us, sometimes there's over 20 people online for the show.

We discuss the episodes with each other, share ideas and theories, and we have lots of fun.

Skype is a free, easy to use program, that allows a text conference with many people, and voice conference with up to 20 people. (skype.com)

Here's our Skype-Files schedule, if you want an idea of how we plan it.

https://xfilesnews.com/index.php?option=com...&Itemid=106

(scroll down a bit there)

We recently started the myth-arc again, but usually watch extra episodes too.

So,

there's an idea for all the lonley fans here. :)

I have met some great people through this Skype process, and it's great hearing the different ideas from other fans around the world, while sharing the episodes and characters.

It also has helped unite some of the different XF Fan sites in good ways that are helping us in our XF3 Campaign efforts, and I think it could do the same for MM campaigns.

I am not on here much, so I don't know any of you yet,

but if anyone starts up a group, let me know here. I'd love to join in.

This is who we are.

also,

The XF SKype sessions are open to everyone. You just need your DVD's or reliable links from the net.

If anyone here wants to check it out, there are email links on the above xfilesnews.com link

Edited by Pluto

This is a brilliant idea, Pluto. I will make sure to check it out :)

I hope the X-Files and Millennium DVDs are transcoded from the NTSC masters and not the 24 fps original because there would be a difference in runtime (45 minutes in NTSC = 43 minutes 12 seconds in PAL). Am not sure :D But if you didn't have a problem with differing runlengths during your sessions, I guess things are fine.

• Like 1

Guest Pluto
But if you didn't have a problem with differing runlengths during your sessions, I guess things are fine.

We try to get everyone synced-up within 1 minute difference. Even with variable DVD players and on-line links, that's usually the widest time gap.