BTFB Exclusive Interview with Kay Reindl

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Dear friends,

I have posted our interview with Kay Reindl at the Blog and I do hope you will all take the time to read and enjoy it and leave your thoughts for Kay's attention. Maybe I'm an uber-fanboy but this was one interview I was incredibly excited about doing as I am such an admirer of their work on the show. Kay was so busy last year that it took moons for us to have time to actually do this but she managed to find time to complete it just in time for Midnight of The Century Week which was an absolute blessing. Anyhow, enough from me, over to Kay: read it here!

Eth

• Like 1

Thank you Graham,

I have to say she has set me thinking. She mentioned The Single Blade of Grass being less procedural and more metaphysical in her original script and she went on to discuss the Ghostdance and the 21 visions and I wondered if a) Frank really does have 21 visions in that episode (it doesn't seem that many to me) and b) what the symbolism of the 21 visions is and whether it fits in to the Ghostdance legend somehow. I'm certainly intrigued, one day I hope a book will be published that really goes into the episodes and looks at some of the original visions for them as well as some of those, like Fallen Angel, that never got made.

Eth

Well this is nice, a little mention of the week from Kay herself in her latest blog post. Very touching to know that the people involved in the show approve of what we do:

A big thanks as well to the folks at backtofrankblack.com, who did a whole "Midnight of the Century" thing and support good TeeVee. I'll see y'all in 2010, unless I decide to do a post next week. Hey, you never know...

I've got a couple more things to put up at the Blog in the next few days just to take us nicely into Christmas (and one of them I know everyone here will really enjoy) and then we're taking a much needed break from BTFB before we come back for me in the New Year.

I must say, after fifteen months non-stop it will be nice to come up for air :)

Eth

Guest donkeyjote

Never so well deserved, Eth. I hope you enjoy your time off! (Though I suspect you'll still be thinking up ideas during your break).

Edited by donkeyjote