X-Files Alum Joins The Walking Dead

Rate this topic

Hi folks,

I have been keeping my eyes open for news of The Walking Dead which is an upcoming TV series based on a zombie comic book by Robert Kirkman. It is due to be filmed this August for AMC and I have to say the promise of a zombie-centric TV series has me excited in so many ways. News just in that a member of the X-Files cast has been signed up to the show and that just gives it that added must see for me.

US, May 4, 2010 - The Walking Dead cast continues to grow. Hollywood Reporter says that Laurie Holden has joined the upcoming AMC series, based on the comic book of the same name. The project will reunite Holden with writer/producer/director Frank Darabont, who worked with her previously on The Mist.

Holden will play Andrea, one of the human survivors left in the wake of the rise of zombies. Andrea is a sniper, who falls for a man twice her age. Holden is likely most familiar to fanboys for her role as Marita Covarrubias on The X-Files and she also had a key role in the final season of The Shield.

Also joining the cast of The Walking Dead is newcomer Steven Yeun as Glenn. This comes on the heels of Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break) signing on as Lori Grimes according to EW.com's Michael Ausiello; the wife of the show's hero, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln).

In addition, the Reporter says that Adam Fierro, an alumni of Dexter, The Shield and 24, has joined The Walking Dead as a consulting producer.

The six-episode first season of The Walking Dead goes into production in August, for a fall debut on AMC.

SOURCE: uk.tv.ign.com/

• 1 month later...
Guest WaveCrest

If this like George Romero's "...of the Dead" zombie films then I may watch The Walking Dead. I've seen headlines in the US TV section on Digital Spy about casting news for The Walking Dead, but I just haven't been interested in this show.

I don't like the description of us male fans of The X Files and Millennium etc. as "fanboys". But then I would be called a hypocrite because I wouldn't want to e called a geek.

That's a rather low episode count for one season. But then the first and second seasons of Durham County are each six episodes long.