What Made You Watch?

Rate this topic

Guest fledgling666

Guest fledgling666
MM continuously presents the struggle of people conflicted by life's difficulties.  The character of Frank Black recognizes their struggles and witnesses how they succumb to the "Dark side" (if you wil allow the hyberbole).  His efforts are to prevent the chaos and distruction resulting.  But often times he also sees the perpetrators as victims themselves. This is at the heart of all the Black Family scenes.  Even Kathryn tells him that she knows he is trying to protect Jordan and her but, she tells him - he can't.  There is no place to hide. He sees the evil in the world and knows it cannot be contained.  As the seasons progress he realizes that all innocence has been lost.  Until he himself finally has to run.  This is classic tragedy.  It is the eternal combat of good vs evil, regardless of how you want to define it.

this could easily describe the events in the show with no spiritual connection as is. it is the struggle between good and evil, but more precisely, it is the struggle between good men and evil men, between the good in men and the evil in men, between who we are and who we want to be.

Edited by fledgling666

this could easily describe the events in the show with no spiritual connection as is. it is the struggle between good and evil, but more precisely, it is the struggle between good men and evil men, between the good in men and the evil in men, between who we are and who we want to be.

As in "Matryoshka" : Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde ! :angel::devil01:

I watched because it was on Friday nights and I was usually at home with my two little kids who were both under the age of two. I loved X Files and I was so angry (at first) when they moved it to Sundays...mostly because having two little kids pretty much renders your social life useless so I was home a lot.

It only took a few episode of Millennium to fall in love with the show. The darkness and scariness and the otherworldy weirdness reeled me in.

Timing is everything. When Millennium was cancelled, I thought that perhaps one problem was the time slot, not only on a Friday (frequently a night out for many people) but it was on at 8 pm in the central time zone where I lived. I thought that it was too early for "family viewing" because of the scariness factor...and that might have stopped adults from watching it, and perhaps if it could have been on later, it may have done better in the ratings. I still think my theory has some validity....now my kids are 8 1/2 and almost 10 years old. The season one DVD scared my daughter (the older child) half to death....good thing she was a little baby back when the show was on TV.

Shereen

Guest Oraborous

There are so many reasons why I watched it. It dealt with the darker side of humanity in a way no other show ever did and I doubt ever will. The show explored so many different levels and really let you feel what each character was feeling. The sets and music fit so well together and the mood that was set because of it. I think too because the stories were believeable,in todays society of evel and disruption and mistrust....the world is not getting any more peaceful only scarier.

But I can say with no doubt that there is no other show that even comes close to Millennium nor the people that where part of it. It was a great loss when it left the airwaves.

:ouro: