DVD Times Review Of Season Three

Rate this topic

Guest OS_

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

I'm sorry but I have to take issue with this reviewer. He freely confesses that he hasn't watched all the episodes and makes a judgement on the season that is therefore lacking the whole picture. He refers to 'Thirteen years later...' as a 'fan favourite' which... isn't true.

Also, looking at his review of Season Two he describes the making of as being merely a usual set of comments including the influence of Morgan and Wong on each episode. Was he watching a different set or something? No mentions of the rather blatant swipes by Carter and co and the general negativity and scorn with which they regard the second Season.

This reviewer is an unreliable source in my opinion; he has not properly engaged with the material and done enough research to give his comments any gravity or support.

I'm sorry but I have to take issue with this reviewer. He freely confesses that he hasn't watched all the episodes and makes a judgement on the season that is therefore lacking the whole picture.

To be fair the reviewer did say that two discs were missing from the set, so you can't really blame him/her for that.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

I object to these kinds of reviews is the point. Granted, he couldn't help that the discs were missing but could nothing be done to get them in time? It would take in all likelihood a week and a half at most to get the problem fixed. Given the amount of time he evidently had to watch the episodes for the review (there are 22 episodes, several extras and 'Millennium' from the XF to be watched, I see no reason he couldn't have got copies in time beyond simply not trying.

Now, maybe he didn't consider it part of his job to go chasing around for things he should have been given in the first place. But if he is that lax then why should I care what he writes about the series? If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right and he didn't. Any slack I may have cut him was rather diluted by his extremely bizarre assessment of the S2 making of implying a cursorary watching at best.

Those discs he missed include some of the season's best, but they also include the season's worst. So I don't think that seeing those would have changed his arguments much (about the season being a mixed bag etc.). Granted, there's some larger plot development going on, but pretty much all season three episodes work well as stand alones (especially if you've already seen the previous seasons and know stuff like, for example, Jordan's gift).

Anyway, I'm just glad that at least one DVD site is reviewing the R2 sets. Certainly a lot more negative review of season three could be written (not that I'd agree with it). I don't think this one scares away any potential buyers.

Edited by OS_