Sign in to follow this  
The Old Man

Millennials - the ideal term for Millennium fans?

WOAH!!! that stuff is incredible!!! Thanks for showing it!! I'll definitely have to check him out!!!

On 8/16/2018 at 6:29 PM, B1SH0P-BL4CK said:

Earthnut, i understand your point and thats what I was thinking because people have a bad opinion of Millennials , and it is a little disappointing that people are angry with the generation!

You know, I actually didn't know that, what a shame. Seems very unfair to me, tarring a whole generation the same, that way. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Earthnut said:

Can the shirt say "This Is Who We Are" with the Ouroboros?

I don't think TIWWA would be the potential issue, the problem is the artwork, it has to be original, which is why Barry put so much time and effort into them.

One of my favourites was the Halloween egg splatter on Frank's window. Of course the other concern is that Disney owning the rights to Millennium is a whole new board game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Earthnut said:

I may have, but off hand, I don't remember seeing the previous designs and have been here for many years. 

I did a quick topic search and here's one example thread, very interesting, gosh way back in 2009 during the great days of our relationship with B2FB, before the 'Millennium Cold War' began. Oh well, sadly looking at it, the Flickr images are gone. (That wouldn't happen these days as for some time the software permanently caches any remote third party images by default). You may find the link to the online store there or certainly on the B2FB site with photos.  I'm sure Baz still has the designs and I will no doubt have the images on my main PC as I recall making a animated banner way back, but they may be exclusive to B2FB and we may have to come up with new versions and ideas, not hard. He'll be aware of this discussion at some point due to the mention, but I recall he's such a busy chap. With great talent, comes great responsibility.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

I did a quick topic search and here's one example thread, very interesting, gosh way back in 2009 during the great days of our relationship with B2FB, before the 'Millennium Cold War' began. Oh well, sadly looking at it, the Flickr images are gone. (That wouldn't happen these days as for some time the software permanently caches any remote third party images by default). You may find the link to the online store there or certainly on the B2FB site with photos.  I'm sure Baz still has the designs and I will no doubt have the images on my main PC as I recall making a animated banner way back, but they may be exclusive to B2FB and we may have to come up with new versions and ideas, not hard. He'll be aware of this discussion at some point due to the mention, but I recall he's such a busy chap. With great talent, comes great responsibility.

Woah! 2009!! These are great idea's!!! 

• Like 1

Found the little flash ad banner file and extracted the tiny images from it. Only 7 images, but you'll get the drift anyway... The link to the site was there but it says it's closed now.

JPEG image 2.jpeg JPEG image.jpeg A06EE15A-070C-468E-8E90-7F1175534478.jpeg 59F5D6E9-18B8-4B76-926F-E806A06BC95E.jpeg

102C5961-6FF9-45B8-BB68-37BF17C27C1A.jpeg 85AA36A1-906F-47A8-8D59-FF90ABEDD52D.jpeg CD931404-7CE9-4BDD-A230-E259BA97F3F6.jpeg

Awesome!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Found the little flash ad banner file and extracted the tiny images from it. Only 7 images, but you'll get the drift anyway... The link to the site was there but it says it's closed now.

JPEG image 2.jpeg JPEG image.jpeg A06EE15A-070C-468E-8E90-7F1175534478.jpeg 59F5D6E9-18B8-4B76-926F-E806A06BC95E.jpeg

102C5961-6FF9-45B8-BB68-37BF17C27C1A.jpeg 85AA36A1-906F-47A8-8D59-FF90ABEDD52D.jpeg CD931404-7CE9-4BDD-A230-E259BA97F3F6.jpeg

Awesome!

Man! I wish it was still up and running! I would buy all of these!

• Haha 1

I like the idea of creating our own image, and why I personally prefer having the Ouroboros and TIWWA on it.

On 8/22/2018 at 5:12 PM, The Old Man said:

I don't think TIWWA would be the potential issue, the problem is the artwork, it has to be original, which is why Barry put so much time and effort into them.

One of my favourites was the Halloween egg splatter on Frank's window. Of course the other concern is that Disney owning the rights to Millennium is a whole new board game. 

The Ouroboros is an ancient symbol that originated in ancient Egypt, and to me there's no way Disney could stop us from using it.  Too many people have used it in art and even jewelry.  Here's my search link ~

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ouroboros&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirorWQl4bdAhVSXKwKHSrFAdsQ_AUICigB&biw=1159&bih=891

"This Is Who We Are," and "The Time Is Now" possibly could be copyrighted, but I doubt it, anymore then "The Truth Is Out There" is.  I've heard them all used in other TV shows, just wish I could remember which ones.  It could also say "Owls and Roosters."  They're animals and not copyrighted.  BTFB uses "Frank Black" and Disney could go after them, but doubt if they will.

Besides, we will be making and wearing them for personal use, not opening up an online store and selling them.  It would be a group thing, where you could purchase one only if you were a group member.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Earthnut said:

The Ouroboros is an ancient symbol that originated in ancient Egypt, and to me there's no way Disney could stop us from using it.  Too many people have used it in art and even jewelry.  

Hi,

This is getting way off topic, I should probably split this into a dedicated topic but yes, agreed, a snake eating its own tail is an ancient symbol. However, whilst not intending to sound preachy or an authority on the subject, it's the design that's Intellectual Property (IP). There are 100's if not 1000's of ouroborus designs, but they are all likely somebody's IP design, no matter who created them or whether they've given the rights away for free, sold them or reserved them. In this case, the Millennium Group's version of the ouro is a design someone, probably Ramsey McDaniel/Storm Media since it features in her title sequence, created for Fox's production, they own it. Now apparently Disney does. 

You can usually get permission to use someone else’s intellectual property (IP) by buying the rights from them or getting their permission to use it. Not suggesting anyone do that.

Using someone’s trade mark, patent, copyright or design without their permission is known as ‘IP infringement’ and could lead to a fine, prison or both.

Some good info and definition here.

I did a couple of quick searches and the phrases themselves aren't listed as registered trademarks.

16 hours ago, Earthnut said:

Besides, we will be making and wearing them for personal use, not opening up an online store and selling them.  It would be a group thing, where you could purchase one only if you were a group member.

Probably jumping the gun here a little bit! :smile:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, we're a tab off track, that that's okay, it happens all the time.

Don't mean to jump the gun, just sharing a thought.  And I do understand copyright, and it is definitely something we need to find out, and maybe all we need to do is create our own Ouroboros, different then the snake eating its tail.  I thought about it consisting of the character's names from the show, with TIWWA between the head and the tail, connecting them.  Or, "The Time Is Now" coming from the snake's mouth and no longer eating its tail.  Or the names could be forum member's user names (Old Man (aka GPS) Earthnut, Walkabout, etc.), linked with ... or a ~.  Or our own individual user/personal name in the middle of the design.

Graham, have you contacted Barry yet?

Hey, what about the image for our TV?  All we would need to do is remove the TV.  Here are the 2 images that I saved.  My favorite is the 2nd one, it's less busy.

tiwwatvsphere2, MLM Logo Choice.jpg

tiwwatvsphere1, MLM Logo.jpg

Edited by Earthnut