Now This Is Moving From Worrisome To Scary!

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

Ready or Not, Bird Flu Is Coming to America

Officials Advise Stocking Up on Provisions -- and Warn That Infected Birds Cannot Be Prevented From Flying In

The first part is what I'm referring to.

[The second part of of the subheading clearly indicates that the "authorities" have no respect for or knowledge of the level of intelligence of the average adult. I find such comments insulting and I wonder whether the people who make such goes-without-saying comments really know what they're talking about or are they just trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.]

Even if no significant outbreak of human cases of this flu strain occur, I wonder if the American Poultry industry will survive. I can remember a more localized problem of this type 20 or so years ago that wreaked all sorts of economic havoc in the Southern US.

Ready or Not, Bird Flu Is Coming to America

Officials Advise Stocking Up on Provisions -- and Warn That Infected Birds Cannot Be Prevented From Flying In

The first part is what I'm referring to.

[The second part of of the subheading clearly indicates that the "authorities" have no respect for or knowledge of the level of intelligence of the average adult. I find such comments insulting and I wonder whether the people who make such goes-without-saying comments really know what they're talking about or are they just trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.]

Even if no significant outbreak of human cases of this flu strain occur, I wonder if the American Poultry industry will survive. I can remember a more localized problem of this type 20 or so years ago that wreaked all sorts of economic havoc in the Southern US.

SC my good friend...i saw this on the wire as well...i think we have posted and said all that can be said. Its tough to just sit here and await the dark clouds marshalling on the horizon...

do you remember the infamous doomsday clock?

www.thebulletin.org/doomsday_clock/current_time.htm

At present the clock is set to 7 minutes till midnight...I wonder if H5N1 will take over as a greater concern.

TICK TOCK........TICK TOCK........

4th Horseman