Mark Snow music.

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Well, I got my copy of "The Snow Files: Film Music of Mark Snow" yesterday, and gave it a listen while I was out today. It was really very good and I recommend it highly. As I had hoped, most of the music is soothing and perfect for a long relaxing drive. There were a few tracks mixed in there that I was not overly crazy about, such as Pee-Wee's Playhouse :puke: and Max Headroomm but, for the most part, I was pleasantly surprised, and it was better than I thought it would be given the variety of projects. Other than the two mentioned, the songs rank from very good to spectacular, and "Conundrum - Love Theme" was probably the best of the bunch in my opinion. For any fans of Mark Snow out there, this CD wont let you down.

Well, I got my copy of "The Snow Files: Film Music of Mark Snow" yesterday, and gave it a listen while I was out today. It was really very good and I recommend it highly. As I had hoped, most of the music is soothing and perfect for a long relaxing drive. There were a few tracks mixed in there that I was not overly crazy about, such as Pee-Wee's Playhouse :puke: and Max Headroomm but, for the most part, I was pleasantly surprised, and it was better than I thought it would be given the variety of projects. Other than the two mentioned, the songs rank from very good to spectacular, and "Conundrum - Love Theme" was probably the best of the bunch in my opinion. For any fans of Mark Snow out there, this CD wont let you down.
Speaking of Maxx Headroom, did you know that Thomas Wright is listed as one of the directors?

4th Horseman

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Speaking of Maxx Headroom, did you know that Thomas Wright is listed as one of the directors?

4th Horseman

Actually, no, I did not know that. Interesting. One other note about the CD, I really like the cover art, which I see is shown at the top of the page in this link. In my opinion, it does tend to suggest that there is going to be a good deal of X-files material, and there is actually only one X-files track. I was aware of what tracks were on the disc ahead of time, but I bet there have been some disapointed campers who expected to hear a lot of X-files music. However, they probably got over it quickly once they started to listen to it and realized how good it is.