Interesting developments in Iran

Rate this topic

4th Horseman

Iran eyes badges for Jews

Law would require non-Muslim insignia Chris Wattie National Post

Friday, May 19, 2006

Human rights groups are raising alarms over a new law passed by the Iranian parliament that would require the country's Jews and Christians to wear coloured badges to identify them and other religious minorities as non-Muslims.

Iran's roughly 25,000 Jews would have to sew a yellow strip of cloth on the front of their clothes, while Christians would wear red badges and Zoroastrians would be forced to wear blue cloth.

It would make religious minorities immediately identifiable and allow Muslims to avoid contact with non-Muslims.

"This is reminiscent of the Holocaust," said Rabbi Marvin Hier, the dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles. "Iran is moving closer and closer to the ideology of the Nazis."

Mr. Ahmadinejad has repeatedly described the Holocaust as a myth and earlier this year announced Iran would host a conference to re-examine the history of the Nazis' "Final Solution."

Iranian expatriates living in Canada yesterday confirmed reports that the Iranian parliament, called the Islamic Majlis, passed a law this week setting a dress code for all Iranians, requiring them to wear almost identical "standard Islamic garments."

Could we be that far away from the prophecy of Rev 13:16-18 -

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Today, a badge to seperate and identify differing religious sects, tomorrow, a permanent mark seperating believers from non-believers.? Are the seeds now being sown?

4th Horseman...

Guest gmcp

I don't think many people really understand how frightening the Iran situation is. Mahmood is a certified nut-job, and has some of the craziest rhetoric you've ever heard. The entire Iranian government is filled with criminals that operate with threats.

The general public of Iran is primarily filled with nice, decent human beings who really don't want to obliterate Israel. It's really a shame that they have to suffer through such a tyranical and maniacal government.

I really don't know how the world can deal with Iran... China and Russia wanting deals on oil certainly doesn't help the situation. I hope that Iran can be calmed down by other countries.

As for this specific development... wow. I sure hope things don't get any much further out of hand.

Guest SouthernCelt
Iran eyes badges for Jews...

"This is reminiscent of the Holocaust," said Rabbi Marvin Hier, the dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles. "Iran is moving closer and closer to the ideology of the Nazis."...

Could we be that far away from the prophecy of Rev 13:16-18 -

...Today, a badge to seperate and identify differing religious sects, tomorrow, a permanent mark seperating believers from non-believers.? Are the seeds now being sown?

4th Horseman...

I'm surprised the Rabbi didn't mention Hitler's requirement that Jews attach a "badge" (a Star of David sewn onto the left or right breast of the outermost garment). Once that was required, it was a lot easier for the SS to identify Jews in public and separate them for transport to work camps or "final solution" camps.

So the wearing of a badge to identify religious persuasion isn't new in the modern world. I'm sure a lot of Christians outside of Germany and Nazi occupied countries thought this had to be the mark of the Beast at the time. (Of course if you're a devout follower of Nostradamus' predictions, you already think Hitler was one of the Antichrists that has been unleashed upon this world since that's one interpretation that can be made of some of Nostradamus' work.)

I'm surprised the Rabbi didn't mention Hitler's requirement that Jews attach a "badge" (a Star of David sewn onto the left or right breast of the outermost garment). Once that was required, it was a lot easier for the SS to identify Jews in public and separate them for transport to work camps or "final solution" camps.

So the wearing of a badge to identify religious persuasion isn't new in the modern world. I'm sure a lot of Christians outside of Germany and Nazi occupied countries thought this had to be the mark of the Beast at the time. (Of course if you're a devout follower of Nostradamus' predictions, you already think Hitler was one of the Antichrists that has been unleashed upon this world since that's one interpretation that can be made of some of Nostradamus' work.)

SC - couldn't agree with you more...how many times in recent memory have events, both cataclysmic and superficial, been hailed as the harbinger of "the end times"....i only thought the article interesting in that most Biblical prophecy and revelation pertain to events in the Middle East. I was not attempting to influence anyone, nor sound the trumpet of "chicken little"....just thought i would post it in passing by...perhaps in re-reading my origional post one could ascertain a certain degree of religious fervor. I make no apologies in referring to Revelation, however, i only found it a curious parallel in regards to events happening now...

4th Horseman...

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
SC - couldn't agree with you more...how many times in recent memory have events, both cataclysmic and superficial, been hailed as the harbinger of "the end times"....i only thought the article interesting in that most Biblical prophecy and revelation pertain to events in the Middle East. I was not attempting to influence anyone, nor sound the trumpet of "chicken little"....just thought i would post it in passing by...perhaps in re-reading my origional post one could ascertain a certain degree of religious fervor. I make no apologies in referring to Revelation, however, i only found it a curious parallel in regards to events happening now...

4th Horseman...

Yes indeed 4 H! These are very powerful times my studious friend; you may find it interesting too that in Hitler's concentration camps that along with Jews, Gypsys, and such, Jehovah's Witnesses (of whom I happen to be one) were also given 'Purple Triangles' as a 'religious minority' and these were processed and killed right along with the Jews and others who, as you mentioned, had their own identifying 'labels' too. They have sections in the Holocaust Museams around the world dedicated to JWs; just a passing side-note of interest, the only difference was that the Jews, etc. truly had no choice in the matter, however, the Witnesses simply had to sign a document saying that they supported Hitler and renounced their religion. Very few signed them and thousands died...

But, back to your main topic here, it will indeed be fascinating to see what develops in the Middle East; it is one TRULY gnarly area!!!