A Room With No View

Rate this topic

Guest Prufrock

Guest Prufrock

:Owls_Ouro_Large:

Hi all, just a quick question /comment about the episode "A Room With No View" ... what was Lucy ultimately trying to accomplish by kidnapping the "expectional underachieving" (geez, talk abotu an oxymoron) kids ... and making them believe in their own self-worthlessness and "averageness"?

I always had this idea that in the future these kids would play a crucial role in the shaping of the leaders of tomorrow.  Maybe these exceptional kids would not directly influence world events  (none of the kidnapped kids would ever build a better lightbulb or create a food to end world hunger), but when these kids grow up, they may convince say a Bill Gates or a George W. Bush-type person to achieve great deeds, and maybe as adults they would push the movers and shakers of the world into doing greater good.

This is what I am thinking Lucy was trying to stop from happening.  By making the kids feel so average and un-special that they would not be a force to contend with in the future.

Then the final scene of the woman int eh b/w picture who was kidnapped ion teh what, late-1800s ealry-1900s kind if threw me for a loop.  Was that pic supposed to be Lucy or the school guidance councelor?  And what does that information supposed to infer to the wider MM mythos?

Let me know what you thin.

This is who we are

-Tim

:Owls_Ouro_Large:

Tim,

It seems to me you answered your own question, in regards to the fist one...  And, in my opinion, BOTH of them.  I beleave the portrait WAS of the guidance counselor.  That then reffers back to Frank's accusation to her that, "Somewhere along the way... you made a deal with the devil."  So, she was helping Lucy/The Devil, with the sacrificial Lambs of these bright young kids.  I beleave that, as far as the overall storyline goes, this was another chapter in Frank's jouney, and his battle with Evil. :devil01:

Anybody else?

~Erin (Raven Wolf)

......the photo was 100%,pure,evil,but sexy(!)-"LUCY". look a little more carefully if you can,or when the dvd's of S2/3 arrive. :praying:        ...lucy is a component of legion and legion,as the story goes,has always been with us.BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :devil01:

~um.......bye!

se7en :ouro:  :snore:

:thinking_big: Maybe it's just my sad, fuzzy, middle-of-the-night-on-FX on sub-grade Vidotape... (How sad does THAT sound?   :rofl: )  I'll have to check out your crystal-clear DVDs when they arrive! :praying_big:

Peace, Man! :smokin:

~Raven Wolf

Guest Justa Fan

Hi Raven Wolf,

I agree Lucy was the Guidance Counselor.

She sure as Hell wasn't the Music Teacher!

:wink_big:

Guest Befallen

Yes, I believe you are quite right. It showed us the evil in submitting to the mundane and apathic. That there is evil in simply avoiding to make things better. If it weren't for kids like those, we would never have had a civilization at all.

"A Room With No View" is one of my favourite episodes. It creates the mood perfectly with the wonderfully twisted Lucy, and, of course, that song. I still to this day get freaked out every time I hear it.

:thumbsup_big: Beautifully put, Befallen, and WELCOME TO THE GROUP! :Ouro_Large:   This episode spoke to me so personally, and I wish that it was "required viewing" for seniors in High School! :rofl:  HA!  THAT'L BE THE DAY!!! :laugh_big:

~RAVEN WOLF