Season Six

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger
As has recently been suggested by at least one person here, I think they might have been better off trying a spin off with Doggett and Reyes, rather than to try to keep the X-files going with patchwork.

I've always liked Doggett and think he most definatly could have carried a show of his own. Reyes, on the other had was just annoying and cliched. There was little to no chemisty between the two of them. I think it has mostly to do with poor writing, not the actress. My problem isn't that they wanted the show to go on with Doggett and Reyes, it's that in trying to do that they drug Mulder and Scully through the mud for two years until the finale, were they tried to redeem them, but I just didn't care that much anymore.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I've always liked Doggett and think he most definatly could have carried a show of his own. Reyes, on the other had was just annoying and cliched. There was little to no chemisty between the two of them. I think it has mostly to do with poor writing, not the actress. My problem isn't that they wanted the show to go on with Doggett and Reyes, it's that in trying to do that they drug Mulder and Scully through the mud for two years until the finale, were they tried to redeem them, but I just didn't care that much anymore.

Boy do I need to watch seasons 8 and 9 again. It's all a blur to me, and this is mainly because I think I had better things to do when the reruns started after those two seasons. It seems like every time I run across reruns on Sci-fi or TNT, they are always Scully and Mulder episodes, but maybe that's just a coincidence. I agree though, I would have liked to have seen them make a clean break from Mulder and Scully and have them cleverly write them off than to have them linger in these diminished roles. I think your final line says it all... by the end of the series, who really cared what was going on.