Miami Vice

Rate this topic

Beerbelch

BEER----> Anybody catch the replay of the pilot of 'Miami Vice' last night on TV? Guess who turned up as a major character - Bill Smithovich. Yep, our old buddy 'Bletch', but before he was Bletch. He even had dark hair back then <g>. Don't know if you ever read this site Bill, but you do a great job of acting.

BELCH

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
BEER----> Anybody catch the replay of the pilot of 'Miami Vice' last night on TV? Guess who turned up as a major character - Bill Smithovich. Yep, our old buddy 'Bletch', but before he was Bletch. He even had dark hair back then <g>. Don't know if you ever read this site Bill, but you do a great job of acting.

BELCH

Yes, he is really a top notch actor. I really got a kick out of seeing him in "Manhunter" a few years back after I finally tracked it down. I had completely forgotten he was in that film but, of course, I probably didn't even know who he was when I watched it way back when. I think I was properly introduced to his work with "Life Goes On". I can't say I was ever a big Miami Vice fan, I watched it off and on, but I will have to try to catch the Pilot, just for the fun of seeing him back in the early days.

• Elders (Admins)

Yes I remember him only too well. I bought S1 and was amazed to see him play a brief part in that episode. Must buy S2 now its available. Miami Vice was life changing television to all teenagers at the time! How we went from pastel colours to burberry baseball cap scrotes I'll never know! Bring back the colours! I'll grab a still when I get chance.

https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/i...?showtopic=3679

(Moved to the Millennium Connection)

Guest colts45

yeah i got those dvds and i watched the pilot again last night the movie might rock im going to see it friday.

Guest betweenthelines
I really got a kick out of seeing him in "Manhunter" a few years back after I finally tracked it down. I had completely forgotten he was in that film but, of course, I probably didn't even know who he was when I watched it way back when. I think I was properly introduced to his work with "Life Goes On".

I saw the movie Manhunter, and I didn't spot him in that movie. Did he have an important part?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I saw the movie Manhunter, and I didn't spot him in that movie. Did he have an important part?

Hmm, funny thing about him in Manhunter, I looked it up on IMDB, just to see what his name was in the movie (it was LLoyd Bowman), and for some reason, there are like 50 credits before his name. It isn't because they went in order of appearance because he was in the middle of the movie. I swear, they even name the "Swat team" members before him, kind of like he's an afterthought. By the way, the last credit is for Marshal Bell, so I will have to keep my eyes open for him next time I watch it. Anyways, Bill Smitrovich has a nice little role that you can't miss if you are looking, but nothing huge. Still, he does a good job, and you can tell even back then that he isn't a stand in or extra type actor, but rather a natural, who you expect to see again. He plays one of the forensics experts, and is analyzing a hand writing sample. His memorable line in the film is "You're so sly, but so am I".