FLUKEMAN!

Rate this topic

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

Guest Frank L.

The Flukeman suit took up to 6 hours to put on. At one point, Darin Morgan had to wear the suit for 20 hours consecutively.

There are also some mistakes in "The Host":

- Scully states that a hermaphrodite is an animal with no sex organs. However, a hermaphrodite has both sets of sex organs.

- Given how dangerous the flukeman is meant to be, why is only one US marshal put in charge of it in the ambulance? And why does the marshal radio for back up only to end up going into the back of the ambulance by himself?

- Scully reads to Mulder from a book all about flukes (Trematodes). However, the stuff she is quoting is wrong! She states that flukes or flatworms have a scolex with hooks and suckers. These are actually the distinguishing characteristic of cestodes (tapeworms). Trematodes have no scolex and definitely no hooks.

I got this from TV.com, BTW

Some trivia about this episode:

The Foreman a.k.a. sewer chef (love that!) was played by Ron Sauve who appeared twice on MM (Tardot in Walkabout and Brunelli's Dad in Through a Glass).

The character of Charlie, who appears briefly in the same scene, was played by Don Mackay (Jack Meredith).

The John Doe that Scully autopsies has the number 101356, which is Chris Carter's birthdate.

The workman who gets grabbed by Flukie but survives is called Craig - the same as Chris Carter's brother.

In the "Making of Season 2" commentary on the DVD, Darin Morgan has this to say:

I remember when I'd gotten the script thinking, "Ok, how does a fluke, half-man, half-flukeworm, move?" And I wanted to come up with some kind of creepy movement like the Creature from the Black Lagoon has a very particular way of swimming. The minute you see him, you go, "Oh my god, it's the Creature from the Black Lagoon, we're all dead!" Once I got into the suit, I realized that was irrelevant because my mobility was limited to this: (makes very small robot-like body movements) "I am the Flukeman." That was the most I could move. The thing was incredibly heavy. I couldn't breathe, couldn't talk. There was no hole for me to urinate. Sex was completely out of the question. I decided to relieve myself when in the water because I figured Duchovny would never find out - he's never gonna watch these things.

:rofl: That last bit... GEEZ... BTW, Libby you are friggin' AMAZING!!!

Ladies & Gentlemen, I do believe that we just MAY have 2 GREAT ONES HERE!!! :notworthy:

The Flukeman suit took up to 6 hours to put on. At one point, Darin Morgan had to wear the suit for 20 hours consecutively.

There are also some mistakes in "The Host":

- Scully states that a hermaphrodite is an animal with no sex organs. However, a hermaphrodite has both sets of sex organs.

- Given how dangerous the flukeman is meant to be, why is only one US marshal put in charge of it in the ambulance? And why does the marshal radio for back up only to end up going into the back of the ambulance by himself?

- Scully reads to Mulder from a book all about flukes (Trematodes). However, the stuff she is quoting is wrong! She states that flukes or flatworms have a scolex with hooks and suckers. These are actually the distinguishing characteristic of cestodes (tapeworms). Trematodes have no scolex and definitely no hooks.

I got this from TV.com, BTW

Very good Frank! Never did I imagine that my mentioning this semi-corny episode would generate so MANY interesting things! :nope:

BTW, I COMPLETELY agree about the ONE marshall in the truck... COME ON!!! That's worst than the guys with the red shirts in the original Star Trek!!! :yes:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Some trivia about this episode:

The Foreman a.k.a. sewer chef (love that!) was played by Ron Sauve who appeared twice on MM (Tardot in Walkabout and Brunelli's Dad in Through a Glass).

The character of Charlie, who appears briefly in the same scene, was played by Don Mackay (Jack Meredith).

The John Doe that Scully autopsies has the number 101356, which is Chris Carter's birthdate.

The workman who gets grabbed by Flukie but survives is called Craig - the same as Chris Carter's brother.

In the "Making of Season 2" commentary on the DVD, Darin Morgan has this to say:

Thank you, for some reason, I thought the sewer chef looked familiar, but I could not place him. For some reason, he didn't seem to show up at all in the credits I was looking at. I will have to recheck and see if I just missed him. Like I said, he looked familiar, but I had no idea he was in Millennium. I am about due for another screening of Walkabout, and I will have to keep my eyes open for him. I do remember his character in "Through a Glass", but he seems so much older and scruffier in that episode that I never would have made the connection.