VHS collection

Rate this topic

Guest frankfan

Guest frankfan

Hello,

I just registered. Sorry if this has already been explained, but are the Millennium episodes available on VHS in the US anywhere?

• Elders (Admins)

Hello and welcome to "This Is Who We Are".

Season One of Millennium was released in full in the UK and these tapes are available regulary on EBAY. However you will need a PAL compatible VCR to play them.

In fact the VHS video tape release of Chris Carter's Millennium was only released to a very few number of Countries worldwide in both PAL & NTSC format, including the UK, Belgium, Switzerland. According to Australian Millennium fan Steven, known on "This Is Who We Are..." Millennium Message Board as "Anamnesis", Australia received two rental tapes of Millennium, the first being the Pilot & Gehenna, the second being a combination of Lamentation & Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions made into a mini movie. Apparently, this also contained the popular extended Millennium Theme tune.

As for the US, I think you'll need to wait for a response from a US based TIWWA member. Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Graham :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
I'm afraid that the only episodes released in the US were the Pilot and "Gehenna" on VHS, which, as far as I know, was mainly for rental purposes.  After a while, though, stores had to clear off their shelves, so you can come across the random copy of it every now and again.  I've been lucky to come across two such copies, one in Chattanooga, Tennessee at a used book\video store, and another in my teeny tiny college town at an antiques and collectibles store (got a happy shock with that one).  While I haven't watched one of the videos, I know that one of them is a little worn out from being watched so many times (bad for me, but good that people watched it so much).  To the best of my knowledge, that was all that was officially released in the US.  There may be "For Your Consideration" Emmy videos around as well, but I'm afraid I don't know.

Guest Yaponchik

Old Man is right about the Belgium VHS series. Actually I have a video rental shop around the corner that has the entire collection. You people must be really jealous now. The best is I haven't even rented them (as Laura hasn't seen her copies yet !!?) because I do not want to see old worn-out copies of the best series ever! I wait (I demand) the DVD's instead! Perhaps there is some mystical connection that DVD's will never be made if I am satisfied with VHS quality.

Should have a look at the shop again, because possibly they sell out old series after some years !? :tasty:

I could also rent them and copy them for some people? Or even digitalise...

:eyebrows_big:  :eyebrows_big:  :eyebrows_big:

Guest frankfan

"Old Man is right about the Belgium VHS series. Actually I have a video rental shop around the corner that has the entire collection. I could also rent them and copy them for some people? Or even digitalise... "

"the entire collection" consisting of what? IN English? Would that be copies on VHS? I don't want to get into trouble or get anybody else or this board into trouble. Is it possible that I could get copies?

Guest Yaponchik

"Old Man is right about the Belgium VHS series. Actually I have a video rental shop around the corner that has the entire collection. I could also rent them and copy them for some people? Or even digitalise... "

"the entire collection" consisting of what? IN English? Would that be copies on VHS? I don't want to get into trouble or get anybody else or this board into trouble. Is it possible that I could get copies?

Sorry for the confusion, Frankfan: it is only season 1 that is officially ons VHS. They are English spoken, and perhaps they carry Dutch subtitling, but I am not sure about that. As I said, I am going to check out whether they are still there, it has been a while since I have been there.

Try Se7en for the DVDR-project also. But perhaps they are to busy, cause I have tried that as well. :cry:

:hi-big: frankfan, if you log on to amazon.uk, you will find several millennium season 1 videos for sale.  they are volumes 1,2,7.8.9 & 10.     :ouro:    good luck.

Sorry for the confusion, Frankfan: it is only season 1 that is officially ons VHS. They are English spoken, and perhaps they carry Dutch subtitling, but I am not sure about that. As I said, I am going to check out whether they are still there, it has been a while since I have been there.

Try Se7en for the DVDR-project also. But perhaps they are to busy, cause I have tried that as well. :cry:

...i can never get all usernames from tiwwa and thier matching emails/real names-(ugh!)-right,but i don't recall getting any email from you. if it was a p.m. then perhaps the fault lies with me in that i recently cleared up all old-(sic)-2-weeks or older-p.m.      

.........are you the fellow who asked about "the curse of frank black?"    at any rate most of my email replies have been completed for people with open orders so if you wish to "give it another go" i can respond tonight. -(i'm an "insomniac-night-owl" so i'm up and online pretty much from 10-p.m. to 2:30-3:30-a.m.,EST)   ...perhaps "the time is near" for a password protected forum for these issues(?)

TAKE CARE,AND MY APOLOGIES,

~se7en :ouro

Guest Justa Fan

Laura K. is right about the U.S. VHS release.

Just the pilot and Gehenna.  But you do get

a nifty little chat with Chris Carter at the

beginning of the tape (the same type of

interview/comment Cater did with all the "waves"

of X-file VHS releases.)

That begs a question.  Did they continue the

Chris Carter comments with the UK releases?

UK members please comment.

:sad_big: