One Of My Fav. Epi

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines
There was a time when it was a project/mission to find and watch all of her films, but recent disappointments like High Fidelity and Gaudi Afternoon have kind of tapered my enthusiasm. Maybe Six Feet Under or Factotum will rekindle it.

Lili Taylor doesn't appear in "Six Feet Under" until the middle of Season Two, but don't let that encourage you from giving it a try. It's one of the greatest shows in recent history to ever air.

I also didn't like High Fidelity. I don't really care for John Cusack's acting so I wasn't too pleased with what he did with the main character. I also thought it was very slow-paced. The novel that inspired it was great, though.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Lili Taylor doesn't appear in "Six Feet Under" until the middle of Season Two, but don't let that encourage you from giving it a try. It's one of the greatest shows in recent history to ever air.

I also didn't like High Fidelity. I don't really care for John Cusack's acting so I wasn't too pleased with what he did with the main character. I also thought it was very slow-paced. The novel that inspired it was great, though.

Yes, I keep thinking I should grab six feet under at Blockbuster, but then I have second thoughts and wonder if I will have time to commit to watching the whole series. One of these days I will take the plunge though. Every time I look at the complete seasons on DVDs, they are somewhere in the neighborhood of $100, and there are others things I just have a greater need for these days, such as food and water. :oneeyedwinK By the way, I have never really been a big fan of John Cusack either, but I still expected and hoped for more from that film and, at the time, there had been a huge gap in Lili projects. Not to criticize Lili, but after some of the brilliant roles she has had, I really didn't see the point in her role in "High Fidelity". She was on screen for all of 2 minutes.... if that. The movie itself never did get off the ground or capture my interest, and like you said, it just moved way too slow.

Guest Frank L.

MIB, you should be able to get the complete seasons much cheaper. right now here in the Netherlands all seasons are approximately 40-60 dollars. maybe they're even cheaper if you order from the internet.

i agree, $100 for a season is way too much. maybe it's possible to rent the first season where you live. if you really like it, you can always buy the seasons later.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
MIB, you should be able to get the complete seasons much cheaper. right now here in the Netherlands all seasons are approximately 40-60 dollars. maybe they're even cheaper if you order from the internet.

i agree, $100 for a season is way too much. maybe it's possible to rent the first season where you live. if you really like it, you can always buy the seasons later.

Now that I think about it, I think you can rent them one disc at a time at Blockbuster, so maybe I can do that and watch them at my leisure. Wouldn't that be something if it was such a great show that I had no time for Millennium. :eyes: Actually, no matter what I am doing, I know I am going to have the itch for Millennium in Oct.

Guest Moriarty
Now that I think about it, I think you can rent them one disc at a time at Blockbuster, so maybe I can do that and watch them at my leisure. Wouldn't that be something if it was such a great show that I had no time for Millennium. :eyes: Actually, no matter what I am doing, I know I am going to have the itch for Millennium in Oct.

And what is so special about October if I may ask? Autumn?

Guest betweenthelines

Much as I love "Six Feet Under", I wouldn't pay $100 for each individual season. That's why I waited until they went on sale for $60.00 or so. You could also try hunting down used copies, which should be even cheaper (I found Season 1 for $29.99 once, and it was in great condition too!).

But if you wanted to rent them first, try Blockbuster or any other video store that has TV DVDs. You can rent each disc individually.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Ahhh, Oct., where do I start. The first thing I can say about Oct. is that it might be my favorite month of the year here in good ole Michigan. Although we start to cool off some in Sept., Oct. is the first month where we are definitely seeing some cooler, more comfortable weather. At this point, we are even seeing some frost on the pumpkins in the morning. To go with this, we start to see some of the most beautiful colors of the year with the changing of the leaves, and with the bugs and hot weather being replaced by a cool, and sometimes even crisp autumn weather, it is the perfect month for long relaxing walks with Tangerine Dream or Mark Snow in the portable CD player. Oct. also has those cloudy, eerie dark evenings here that give you that "Curse of Frank Black" feeling, but for real. Oh, and did I mention trips to the cider mill, sipping apple cider and feeding the animals. There is nothing more fun that paying $1 for a Dixie cup of feed so you can feed the animals at the cider mill. Essentially, you are paying them money to feed their animals, and also volunteering for free labor. But what the heck, as long as you are having fun, why split hairs. Then, to top it all off, and as it pertains to the Millennium series, this is the time of year that we were first introduced to the show... Oct 25, 1996 to be exact. Also, this is the time of year when all three seasons started, although season two kicked off in late Sept. Somehow the month of Oct just seems so fitting for the start of Millennium, including starting off a viewing of a season on DVD. Just my humble opinion. So, was that a little more than you needed to know or what? :oneeyedwinK

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Much as I love "Six Feet Under", I wouldn't pay $100 for each individual season. That's why I waited until they went on sale for $60.00 or so. You could also try hunting down used copies, which should be even cheaper (I found Season 1 for $29.99 once, and it was in great condition too!).

But if you wanted to rent them first, try Blockbuster or any other video store that has TV DVDs. You can rent each disc individually.

Yes, I think I am leaning strongly towards the rental idea. I have seen them at Blockbuster, so maybe I will try it out this weekend.

Guest Moriarty
Ahhh, Oct., where do I start. The first thing I can say about Oct. is that it might be my favorite month of the year here in good ole Michigan. Although we start to cool off some in Sept., Oct. is the first month where we are definitely seeing some cooler, more comfortable weather. At this point, we are even seeing some frost on the pumpkins in the morning. To go with this, we start to see some of the most beautiful colors of the year with the changing of the leaves, and with the bugs and hot weather being replaced by a cool, and sometimes even crisp autumn weather, it is the perfect month for long relaxing walks with Tangerine Dream or Mark Snow in the portable CD player. Oct. also has those cloudy, eerie dark evenings here that give you that "Curse of Frank Black" feeling, but for real. Oh, and did I mention trips to the cider mill, sipping apple cider and feeding the animals. There is nothing more fun that paying $1 for a Dixie cup of feed so you can feed the animals at the cider mill. Essentially, you are paying them money to feed their animals, and also volunteering for free labor. But what the heck, as long as you are having fun, why split hairs. Then, to top it all off, and as it pertains to the Millennium series, this is the time of year that we were first introduced to the show... Oct 25, 1996 to be exact. Also, this is the time of year when all three seasons started, although season two kicked off in late Sept. Somehow the month of Oct just seems so fitting for the start of Millennium, including starting off a viewing of a season on DVD. Just my humble opinion. So, was that a little more than you needed to know or what? :oneeyedwinK

Yeah MIB. That will do I guess :notworthy:

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

The month of October and Autumn itself has always had a distinctive mood to it. Ray Bradbury frequently set many of his atmospheric and moody tales in this month. As a matter of fact I believe one of his collections of short stories was 'October Tales' or something like that...