One Of My Fav. Epi

Rate this topic

this was shown last night on TNT. THis happens to be one of my fav. epis

love Bruce Campbell as a falandering demon. The relationship between Mulder and Bruces character was hilarious to me.

Anyone here else like it?

Speaking of Bruce Campbell, anyone here seen Bubba Ho-Tep?

loved the movie.........campy and scarey i saw that he is doing another Elvis horror movie Bubba Nosferatu. Its a prequel to Ho-Tep in which him and Col. Parker played by Paul Giamati battle she-vampires

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

love Bruce Campbell as a falandering demon. The relationship between Mulder and Bruces character was hilarious to me.

loved the movie.........campy and scarey i saw that he is doing another Elvis horror movie Bubba Nosferatu. Its a prequel to Ho-Tep in which him and Col. Parker played by Paul Giamati battle she-vampires

Yes, I caught that too. Pretty good episode, I give it about 7.5 out of 10, and I love the little games Mulder played with "Bruce" too. I especially liked the line where he says to Wayne "You would hate like the devil for that happen" or something like that, and Wayne just gives him that "what do you mean by that" look, and you can tell he knows that Mulder is on to him. This is one of those episodes where Duchnovney has charisma just oozing out of his pores, but what else is new. In fact, Mulder could very well be the most charismatic character I can think of on TV ever. Sure, I think Frank B. is charismatic too, maybe even more so, but not in the classic sense of the word like Mulder. It's nice that I have come full circle from getting tired of X-files to really enjoying one of the great episodes every now and then.

for me i like the non-traditonal x-files episodes that stray away from the mythology like The Host that has my buddy Flukeman.

like Irresistable with Donnie Pfaster

2Shy

Grotesque

Pusher

Home

Paper Hearts

i can go on and on. Some of these epis i can watch over and over again.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
for me i like the non-traditonal x-files episodes that stray away from the mythology like The Host that has my buddy Flukeman.

like Irresistable with Donnie Pfaster

2Shy

Grotesque

Pusher

Home

Paper Hearts

i can go on and on. Some of these epis i can watch over and over again.

Yes, all good ones. A few others I watch whenever I see them on are Deep Throat, One Breath, Squeeze/Tooms, Clyde Bruckman, Unruhe, Killswitch, Mind's Eye, Tithonis, Monday, and Milagro, to name a few.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

It's gonna take me a while to catch up to that one, but I do remember it a little. I did like Bruce Campbell in it and the interplay as you mentioned.

I do have 'Bubba Ho-Tep' but I haven't watched it yet; it is directed by the guy who created and directed 'Phantasm', which is one of my ALL TIME favorite low budget films. What imagination!

Guest Frank L.

I'm currently watching The X-Files in chronological order, and today I plan on watching 'Travelers' and 'Mind's Eye', from the fifth season. I love both episodes, especially Mind's Eye, because of Lili Taylor. She is amazing. Everything she does is fantastic. I started watching Six Feet Under because she was in it, now I'm a big-time fan. She even turned The Haunting into an entertaining movie, despite of a bad director (IMHO) and a bad script.

Some other episodes you guys mentioned are my favorites too. I love Paper Hearts (one of the very best), Pusher, Squeeze/Tooms (my favorite villian), Unruhe, Milagro, Tithonus...

And Irresistable and Grotesque were the episodes that inspired Chris Carter to write MillenniuM.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I'm currently watching The X-Files in chronological order, and today I plan on watching 'Travelers' and 'Mind's Eye', from the fifth season. I love both episodes, especially Mind's Eye, because of Lili Taylor. She is amazing. Everything she does is fantastic. I started watching Six Feet Under because she was in it, now I'm a big-time fan. She even turned The Haunting into an entertaining movie, despite of a bad director (IMHO) and a bad script.

Some other episodes you guys mentioned are my favorites too. I love Paper Hearts (one of the very best), Pusher, Squeeze/Tooms (my favorite villian), Unruhe, Milagro, Tithonus...

And Irresistable and Grotesque were the episodes that inspired Chris Carter to write MillenniuM.

Hey now, another Lili Taylor fan. I thought I was the only one here. She is my favorite actress and I was originally introduced to her by Mind's Eye. Unfortunately, while she really did some awesome movies in the early to mid 90s, and while she has stayed busy and done some brilliant work recently, she hasn't really recaptured her glory days and has had some disappointing roles that don't show off her incredible talent enough. I agree though, even through the Haunting was a bomb overall, Lili was amazing in it and made it more than tolerable. In fact, I even bought it on VHS a while back. She has been in some of my favorite movies ever, such as Dogfight, Household Saints, The addiction, I Shot Andy Warhol, etc., but after The Haunting, she has had a hard time finding the magic, both in roles and in great movies. I must confess though, I have yet to watch "Six Feet Under" and I feel like such a slacker Lili fan because I haven't seen Factotum yet. There was a time when it was a project/mission to find and watch all of her films, but recent disappointments like High Fidelity and Gaudi Afternoon have kind of tapered my enthusiasm. Maybe Six Feet Under or Factotum will rekindle it.

Guest SouthernCelt

I had to see Bubba Ho-Tep as soon as it hit the DVD racks. What could be more over-the-top than Bruce Campbell playing Elvis in a retirement home? I didn't know another one was in the works -- good luck to them, sometimes the uniqueness of a first movie doesn't transfer through to subsequent 'episodes.'

Guest Frank L.
Hey now, another Lili Taylor fan. I thought I was the only one here. She is my favorite actress and I was originally introduced to her by Mind's Eye. Unfortunately, while she really did some awesome movies in the early to mid 90s, and while she has stayed busy and done some brilliant work recently, she hasn't really recaptured her glory days and has had some disappointing roles that don't show off her incredible talent enough. I agree though, even through the Haunting was a bomb overall, Lili was amazing in it and made it more than tolerable. In fact, I even bought it on VHS a while back. She has been in some of my favorite movies ever, such as Dogfight, Household Saints, The addiction, I Shot Andy Warhol, etc., but after The Haunting, she has had a hard time finding the magic, both in roles and in great movies. I must confess though, I have yet to watch "Six Feet Under" and I feel like such a slacker Lili fan because I haven't seen Factotum yet. There was a time when it was a project/mission to find and watch all of her films, but recent disappointments like High Fidelity and Gaudi Afternoon have kind of tapered my enthusiasm. Maybe Six Feet Under or Factotum will rekindle it.

I thought I was the only one! :yes: I haven't seen all her movies, but I will soon. I recently saw The Addiction in a DVD-shop, I think I'll buy the next time I get there. Is it good?

I was also introduced to her by Mind's Eye. After that I wanted to see more, and saw a Six Feet Under commercial on TV. She's amazing in it. But, she's only in a few episodes in season 2, all episodes of season 3, and a few in season 4 and 5.

There is a new movie coming out called The Secret. Lili Taylor stars in it, together with... David Duchovny. :bogie: I'd really like to see it. I hope they can re-create the chemistry from Mind's Eye.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I thought I was the only one! :yes: I haven't seen all her movies, but I will soon. I recently saw The Addiction in a DVD-shop, I think I'll buy the next time I get there. Is it good?

I was also introduced to her by Mind's Eye. After that I wanted to see more, and saw a Six Feet Under commercial on TV. She's amazing in it. But, she's only in a few episodes in season 2, all episodes of season 3, and a few in season 4 and 5.

There is a new movie coming out called The Secret. Lili Taylor stars in it, together with... David Duchovny. :bogie: I'd really like to see it. I hope they can re-create the chemistry from Mind's Eye.

Yes, the Addiction is one of the classic Lili movies from the mid 90s, and is not only one of her best movies, but also one of her best performances. Christopher Walken is also great, and is probably the only well known actor in the project, although there is a brief appearance by Catherine Erbe. It has been so long sense I have seen it that I am going to have to make an effort to find it on DVD, or maybe even settle for VHS. I say that because I think it might be one of those out of print DVDs that there are only a few of for sale, so the sellers take advantage and price gouge. I also recommend my personal favorite, Arizona Dream, with Johnny Depp, Vincent Gallo, Jerry Lewis and Faye Dunaway, but be warned, it is really off beat, and it might also be hard to find. It's a shame because all of these movies could be found on VHS when I first became a fan, and were available for sale and rental at Blockbuster. They are now out of print, and the video store copies have been ruined or stolen. There is a period from 1991 to 1996 where I was blown away by just about everything I saw by her, but sense then, she just can't seem to find projects that really click, at least not for me. Maybe Six Feet Under will change that, and Factotum looks good. Don't get me wrong, she has done some great acting in recent films like Julie Johnson and High Fidelity, but either ths films aren't as good as her earlier stuff, or, as is the case with High Fidelity, her roles are too brief. I haven't even heard of the Secret yet, that sounds good as well.