Close Encounters Of the Third Kind

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
this was my third viewing of this movie and i finally saw Lance. Not alot of talking but just keeping up and following the Indian Leader around. Man he look so young

Yes, I think he was probably in his mid 30s at the time, but he looks about 21 in the scene where they show him at the end. I don't think he had a single line or wrinkle on his face in that film.

Guest Frank L.

I watched CE3K about 2 months ago. LH is standing near the spaceship, right? I'll have to watch that part again today.

About 1 month ago I watched Dog Day Afternoon. LH is GREAT in it. Again, he doesn't have a big role, but when he appears he almost reaches Pacino's heights, especially near the very end.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
hey frank l whats up with that sig? is that serious?

AHA!!! Someone else is finally commenting on this... Could a person POSSIBLY have a more attention getting signature!!!? :nope:

BTW Joe, if you REALLY wanna see Lance so dang young that he is COMPLETELY unrecognizable, and I mean COMPLETELY although he has enough screen time to tell, you HAVE to check out the ULTRA-rare 'Mansion of the Doomed' which he was in in 1972 I think. I just HAPPEN to have the UK Region 2 UNCUT version of that film (of course you B@stards in the UK already know this! :wink:)

Dude, you CANNOT even tell it's him; his face is SO smooth you DON'T know him. It's very eerie... :yes:

BTW, it's an AWESOME film with Richard Basehart (of all people) as a doctor who has a daughter who loses her sight in an accident, so he kidnaps people and keeps them in a dungeon in the basement and takes their eyes and does transplants for his daughter. NEAT STUFF!!!

Guest Frank L.
hey frank l whats up with that sig? is that serious?

:grin: Yes, I intended it to be serious. The only obstacle is the lawsuit Chris Carter/FOX and it's probably financial. When that's resolved, filming will probably start somewhere in 2007, and the movie will be released in 2008. Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are all signed on. CC and FS have a story worked out, and I've heard rumours the script is also ready. Director of the first movie Rob Bowman already said he would love to direct the second too. Or else Chris Carter himself will probably do it. Let's hope for the best. *

* I collected this info from interviews (CC, FS, DD and GA) and articles.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
:grin: Yes, I intended it to be serious. The only obstacle is the lawsuit Chris Carter/FOX and it's probably financial. When that's resolved, filming will probably start somewhere in 2007, and the movie will be released in 2008. Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are all signed on. CC and FS have a story worked out, and I've heard rumours the script is also ready. Director of the first movie Rob Bowman already said he would love to direct the second too. Or else Chris Carter himself will probably do it. Let's hope for the best. *

* I collected this info from interviews (CC, FS, DD and GA) and articles.

AHHHHH..., thank you!

Trust me, you just saved yourself from a fate FAR, FAR worse than death... :yes:

then how in the world did his face become so wrinkly and distorted? i know age is a part of it but he wasnt that old when he was doing MM. Is Lance a heavy smoker? or lived hard

Oh yes! Our dear Lance has smoked very heavily for MANY years, thus the awesome gravelly voice! Seriously though, you should see him in this film, it is DAMN eerie! :yes:

• 4 months later...
Guest LanceFan61
then how in the world did his face become so wrinkly and distorted? i know age is a part of it but he wasnt that old when he was doing MM. Is Lance a heavy smoker? or lived hard

Theatrical makeup catches up with you eventually. That and maybe a love of the outdoors. I, for one, find the lines extremely sexy. Thought he looked his absolutel best in MM.