Abyss Ratings for "Owls" through "A Room With No View"

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

What do you think of the Millennial Abyss' Episode Scores?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I wish I could disagree but the ‘heres my thing’ did make me wince a little bit. Might be that Lance felt the same way since in a later episode he almost teasingly adds - “Here’s MY thing….”

Er, there was no pun intended there either.

:embarassed:

I think they did overdo it a bit with the "Here's my thing", but from my experience, these kinds of phrases that people use often do get to the point where you want to strangle the person using them. It kind of reminds me of the last season of Six Feet Under, where the people in Claire's office were always saying "Yeah, baby". For some reason that just fealt so real. I can remember having some office type jobs where stupid things like that just drove you nuts.

Guest ZeusFaber

Her character arc was pretty much over by the end of S2. Bringing her back for S3 would have been a bit redundent if you ask me, not to mention the fact that it wouldn't have fit at all with the season's identity. I'm glad her role was limited to one season. That's all not to mention that fact that her husband had left the show, who seems to get her most of her jobs (S:AaB, TXF, MM, FD...), but I'd better not go there.

Kristen Cloke's role in "The Field Where I Died" is one that quite polarized opinion too. You can't be indifferent to it, you either find it compelling or cringe-worthy.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
you never get enough of bashing morgan and wong do you zues?, actually since ive been re watching the series i have noticed that they "tried to shove jesus down our throats" oh in the vs5 will we find out what happend with lara ? and about her gift if she even had one?

LOL, I just added a post that praises the film Final Destination, a Morgan and Wong film, and also praises Kristen Clokes acting. This will probably go over like finger nails on a chalk board with Zeus. :oneeyedwinK

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Have to disagree. I think the character of Lara Means as written, is one of the most original I’ve ever seen. Kristen pulled her off beautifully. I can’t imagine another actress who could have put into it all the intricate details of personality that would go into someone on the edge of a breakdown. Everything you saw of Lara, the desperate longing for a normal life, was in conflict with her supernatural experiences.

Kristen never played her over the top. She was always quietly controlled. Anamnesis was one of the few episodes in which you saw her shed tears. And it was appropriate because she believed Clare was a prophet and unlike Lara had accepted her gift. As for Clare knowing about Catherine’s encounter with the Polaroid man, in the context of the story, she was of the bloodline of Christ. This is pretty much what prophets do. She told Catherine that the PM spoke the truth.

I can appreciate you didn’t care for the story. I just think Kristen nailed this role.

Once again I am in complete agreement with Ein. Could it be that I am genetically enhanced as well????

LOL, I just added a post that praises the film Final Destination, a Morgan and Wong film, and also praises Kristen Clokes acting. This will probably go over like finger nails on a chalk board with Zeus. :oneeyedwinK

Final Destination was amazing for what it was. The film just pulled you in from the beginning.

and Zeus there was also the M & W production The Others, with Kristen in a couple episodes.

wait a sec. whos side am I on?

Once again I am in complete agreement with Ein. Could it be that I am genetically enhanced as well????

Definitely! Only the genetically enhanced can appreciate Beware Of The Dog

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Definitely! Only the genetically enhanced can appreciate Beware Of The Dog

Yes, but we must remember not to look down on those who are NOT genetically enhanced and for that reason do not appreciate Beware the Dog. :oneeyedwinK

Guest ZeusFaber
and Zeus there was also the M & W production The Others, with Kristen in a couple episodes.

LOL. My work here is done...

Yes, but we must remember not to look down on those who are NOT genetically enhanced and for that reason do not appreciate Beware the Dog. :oneeyedwinK

Exactly! Until we take over the world that is.

QUOTE(ein042 @ Dec 9 2006, 06:35 PM) *

LOL. My work here is done...

MIB, you may be a tad more enhanced than me :eyes: