IGN Year End Awards

Rate this topic

Guest strich

I noticed Brian's recent post on the Abyss, that IGN was promoting an awards and vote for what should be next on DVD and as a loyal follower of MM, I submitted my request and received this in return:

Be honest. Is there a Millenium fan site that's pushing you guys to vote? Because I've gotten a stream of letters from people all asking for Millenium. It's making me suspicious.

Andy Patrizio

Editor-in-Chief, IGN DVD

https://dvd.ign.com

I found it interesting that he was suspicious of a large number of votes for a campaign that requested votes.  I informed him that we've all been pushing to get the series released on DVD since its demise.  

I guess our voice is being heard.  Keep up the good work.

Strich

I noticed Brian's recent post on the Abyss, that IGN was promoting an awards and vote for what should be next on DVD and as a loyal follower of MM, I submitted my request and received this in return:

I found it interesting that he was suspicious of a large number of votes for a campaign that requested votes.  I informed him that we've all been pushing to get the series released on DVD since its demise.  

I guess our voice is being heard.  Keep up the good work.

Strich

Some people who are surprised to hear people want Millennium on DVD?!!  I guess the editor of IGN DVD isn't a Millennium fan.

It is amazing when you have an entertainment website that sometimes someone does shortsighted on some things, but it happens.   Now only if FOX can get Millennium out on DVD.  Hopefully the DVD poll FOX did convinced them to finally get the ball moving.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest Second Coming
What the IGN guy said kinda rubs me the wrong way. Because I actually read IGN. And if people are asking for it on DVD then they're asking for it regardless.

Here's more from the editor.  My reply to his question was this:

The show was cancelled a month prior to 2000 and we've been trying to get the DVDs released since then.  Every time we get word that it's in discussion, we do all we can to encourage the release.  We aren't being forced, we just really want the DVDs.  The largest site we frequent is the Millennial Abyss (https://www.fourthhorseman.com/Abyss/Intro.htm).  And isn't the purpose of this to vote for what we want?  Why be suspicious?  Most of us just didn't know you were running this until the Abyss made us aware.

A few minutes ago, he replied back with:

The reason I am suspicious is because I got a flood of letters from people with JUST that vote, for most wanted series. Most people are voting for all of the categories. So when I get a stream of letters with just a vote for one category and all for the same show, of course my radar went up. And to be honest, it strikes me as a form of ballot box stuffing. What if a Seinfeld site did this? I get bugged about Seinfeld all the time. Would that be fair?

Needless to say, I'll be replying back.  I think he's missing the purpose of his his own query on the public.  Here's his email address if you feel the need to give him your opinion (and i'm not condoning spamming or flaming him, just your comments if you see it necessary) - apatrizio@ign.com

Strich

• Elders (Admins)

I've never heard of this site before but send him this way and we'll be only to happy to demonstrate the desire for MillenniuM to arrive on DVD!

I think the Fox oppionions may have had something to do with it too.

Does it state anywhere you can only vote for one show?

Graham.

It doesn't state anything at all.  In fact, the proposal was very badly done.  It's a bulleted list of options to vote on and an email link that you have to cut/paste those options into and make your choice.  If anything, I'd have expected them to put up a form of some type that would have kept this from happening since this seems to be such a big problem for him.  It's pretty silly if you ask me.  Don't ask the question if you don't want an answer - especially on one of the most frequented sites on the www.  I guess common sense took a back seat in this case.