Frank Black meets Homer Simpson

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Jordan, those ideas are super! And no favouritism from me but I liked how you brought my idea into it, not that you had to mention my idea (you don't always get an idea of yours used in discussion). I got a buzz from your "decorator" thought. I was picturing the cartoon version of Frank in white overalls. In fact everything you mention is well thought out.

How do we contact Matt Groening? :smokin:

P.S: Whenever I read mentions of the music artist Frank Black I always think of Frank from the show! Does anyone else think this as well?

How do we contact Matt Groening?    :smokin:

Sadly, The Simpsons doesn't take unsolicited script submissions.

Actually, this thread has me thinking. The Simpsons often sneaks in very obscure references to television, movies, literature... you name it. While a Millennium crossover, is, naturally a dream (although a very fun concept to play around with and talk about :) ), it wouldn't surprise me if they put a reference in, some time. :)

They may well have already put couple of references - a couple of ideas are in the 'Simpsons' thread. Maybe we need to secure a more obvious reference to Millennium by dropping Simpsons cast, character and crew members' names into our discussions (such as, for example, lisa simspon and Harry shearer) so that if someone from the show, or a PR type person, starts searching for simpons related stuff (to see what the good public think of the Simpsons) they would stumble across our group. Then, word would get to the writers that a bunch of Millennium fans are dreaming up cross-over ideas. They'd chew their pencils and think, "Hmm, perfect wind up oportunity." Then they'd write a line or two that's a MM reference and we'd all be going, "Was that-?" "Do you think they did that on purpose?" "Is that an intentional MM reference?" and somewhere in Fox-studios-world, a bunch of writers would be reading this msg board, cackling at their power to confuse us, chewed pencils in hand. Or has my imagination run away with me?

I can picture the perfect Frank Black cartoon image; he's be the same height as Homer and of average build. It would be the law that 1)He's wearing tousers with a belt and the shirt tucked in - no tie and 2) He's be wearing that green jacket as wavecrest said, and he's spend the entire epsiode doing it up, and undoing it as he always seemed to be doing in MM. he'd have white or blondish hair, combed back.

Wavecrest: I am flattered, thank you :blush:

Guest WaveCrest

Jordan - Good suggestions. I'll try and come up with something over the weekend and include some names. Best mentioning the best Simpsons writers (I realise that if someone was reading this they'd be disappointed if I make a preference over another Simpsons writer).

Oh and you're welcome. :wink: