The times, they are a changin

Rate this topic

4th Horseman

Don't forget to shoot anyone that comes to your hideout during the epeidemic.
Hipopyroo...one of your earlier posts remarked about dogs and cats spreading H5N1....well, i got curious and emailed a research scientist at the CDC and this is his reply...(shortened for consideration)

Avian influenza A (H5N1) virus infections have been reported in domestic cats in Germany and Austria, according to the World Health Organization and the European Center for Disease Control and Prevention. During late February and early March 2006, authorities in Germany announced the detection of H5N1 influenza in three domestic cats that died on the Baltic island of Ruegen, where H5N1 infection has been confirmed in more than 100 wild birds. The deceased cats are thought to have acquired their infections after feeding on H5N1-infected birds. In March 2006, Austrian officials reported the confirmation of H5N1 infection in three sick domestic cats in an animal shelter where the disease had been detected in chickens a month earlier.

There is no evidence to date that cats can spread H5N1 to humans. No cases of avian influenza in humans have been linked to exposure to sick cats, and no outbreaks among populations of cats have been reported. All of the influenza A (H5N1) infections in cats reported to date appear to have been associated with outbreaks in domestic or wild birds and acquired through ingestion of raw meat from an infected bird.

Hope this clears things up a bit...

take care,

4th Horseman

Thanks, I'll still keep an eye on those stray cats though. If the virus mutates it could be spread many ways. I wonder how it is spread between the birds? Of course mosquitoes are always a threat to spread nasty little things from animals to humans. To be honest this virus seems like more of a threat than "global warming".

Thanks, I'll still keep an eye on those stray cats though. If the virus mutates it could be spread many ways. I wonder how it is spread between the birds? Of course mosquitoes are always a threat to spread nasty little things from animals to humans. To be honest this virus seems like more of a threat than "global warming".
Not if you're a Democrat!! LOL!!!!

(dont get your undies in a bunch people, its meant for fun)

4th...

Guest SouthernCelt
Not if you're a Democrat!! LOL!!!!

(dont get your undies in a bunch people, its meant for fun)

4th...

snicker, the thing is every time the earth has warmed up in the past it has improved conditions for humans. You know grapes growing in England and all that. It's when the earth cools that things get bad.

Along this deviation from the main thread, check out my latest blog entry.