Dusting Cliff 7

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

A 1997 film called Dusting Cliff 7 starring Lance and Nancy Allen is on Five this Friday night around 11:30 p.m. I think this is one of those straight to video releases. I've never seen it but might catch some of it after Harry Hill finishes.

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Sidewinder

Has anyone seen the film Dusting Cliff 7?

You mean in general? Yes, I did. But it was a few years ago on TV as there is no DVD-release in Germany so far. The movie is called Last Assassins here because it was released like that on video in the US. Lances mustache was a strange thing and Nancy Allen was far better beside Peter Weller in RoboCop.

Guest WaveCrest

You mean in general? Yes, I did. But it was a few years ago on TV as there is no DVD-release in Germany so far. The movie is called Last Assassins here because it was released like that on video in the US. Lances mustache was a strange thing and Nancy Allen was far better beside Peter Weller in RoboCop.

Sorry, yes I was asking that question to everyone here. :smile:

I caught some of the start of Dusting Cliff 7 about a week ago on CBS Action (up to the first ad break). The opening was very exciting, basically one long chase scene inside (and then outside) a hotel. Lance did have an interesting moustache!

I've checked on Amazon and Play.com since then, and yes it has the US Region 1 DVD title of Last Assassins.

I looked at where the film was in Lance's IMDb filmography. This was one of the films Lance filmed in the run-up to starting work on either the pilot or the start of the rest of the first season of Millennium.

I've seen this once but don't recall a great deal about it. I had a scout around the internet to see what I could find that might jog my memory and I saw this brief review at the Radio Times website.

Also known as Last Assassins, this is an action thriller with little to recommend it. The budget precludes any eye-popping pyrotechnics, while the ham-fisted direction prevents either pace or palpable tension. However, the real problem is the script, which is not only strewn with dismal dialogue, but also fails to present the villainous Lance Henriksen with a credible motive for pinching the nuclear and chemical weapons buried somewhere in the desert beneath Cliff 7. The end result is clumsy and contrived.

Hmmm. Not overly gushing is he. The only things I can recall with any certainty is an appearance by Floyd 'Red Crow' Westerman (who will always be Albert Hosteen to me) and the plot making no sense whatsoever. I seem to recall there is something to do with nuclear warheads of some kind although this never seemed to have a great deal of logic to it. Definitely for fans of Lance Henriksen only from what I recall.

Eth

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

Nothing unusual from the Radio Times website Mark. I've read recently two or three partly and wholly negative reviews about latest and recent episodes of Law & Order: SVU and Criminal Intent.

I probably will get Dusting Cliff 7 (aka Last Assassins) at some point on DVD.

I would imagine there are some wonderful reviews of Doctor Who though Richard and any and every BBC show generally. I know there were some stellar reviews of Doctor Who especially when a collectible edition of the magazine was released with lots of exclusives granted to it by the Doctor Who crew. Sound like another magazine we know? :whistling:

Eth