A Bit of Info on Lance

Rate this topic

This small piece of Lance came from FilmStew.com

today’s new DVD Masters of Horror – Family, an episode Landis directed last year for the Showtime TV anthology series. George Wendt, of Cheers and current L.A. stage revival 12 Angry Men fame, stars as the creepy neighbor.

Showtime initially wanted Landis to hire Lance Henriksen to play the part of the seemingly normal suburbanite, but the filmmaker insisted it had to be someone who really presented that demeanor. Henriksen, Landis argues, is someone most people would not open their door for.

“This is Norm as Norman Bates,” Landis chuckles. “When you play a TV character, especially for 12 years on a show like Cheers, people forget that he can act and do something other than be that guy.”

Guest Laurent.

Well, I know I would definitely open my door to Lance Henriksen.

By the way, I don't really agree with a statement like this one:

“When you play a TV character, especially for 12 years on a show like Cheers, people forget that he can act and do something other than be that guy.”

If you take X-Files for example, David Duchovny has had a really hard time launching his post-"X-Files" career after he left the show, while Gillian Anderson had no problem. I think it's just a matter of being able to know your own limit and potential.

I don't think that if Millennium lasted 12 years (which would be great) Lance would have suffered from it. It was a different role from what he had done before, so it was not like he had to prove his talent. And anyway, talent is all that should really count in the end.

• 1 month later...
Guest Doll
today’s new DVD Masters of Horror – Family, an episode Landis directed last year for the Showtime TV anthology series. George Wendt, of Cheers and current L.A. stage revival 12 Angry Men fame, stars as the creepy neighbor.

Showtime initially wanted Landis to hire Lance Henriksen to play the part of the seemingly normal suburbanite, but the filmmaker insisted it had to be someone who really presented that demeanor. Henriksen, Landis argues, is someone most people would not open their door for.

Landis apparently didn't give Lance the same consideration he gave Wendt, makes you wonder why. Lance doesn't often get to show his range but you get little glimpses of it here & there. I personally think he has a very wide range & w/d love to see him in roles that he hasn't usually been in.

Laran: "Well, I know I would definitely open my door to Lance Henriksen."

:oneeyedwinK As far as opening doors, I too would not have a problem w/that, not in the least.

And he doesn't have to just stand in the doorway - he can come on in. :bigsmile: