What a wonderful place you have here..

Guest Jim McLean

Guest Jim McLean

Hey there, I've already posted on some of the forums, but seemed only polite to introduce myself here.

A surprisingly well presented and maintained forum, given how comparatively niche Millennium is these days. Wasn't expecting to find such a nice community for the old show.

I'm probably just one more of many who has come back to the show via DVD. My work allows me to have entertainment on while I'm busy, and a few months back I came across a couple of the old videos I had of the show which I bought oh-so-long back. It was volumes one and three I think. I loved watching it again, and recalled how cheap the DVDs were going.

So I bought season one, and decided I should get season two and three. Had them in my shopping basket for a bit as I was going on holiday, and to my horror just when I reviewed my items, the DVD prices marked up! Across the net, the prices rose steeply, but thankfully I managed to find the last place where I could get them for a comparatively cheap price.

Not a particularly riveting tale, I must admit.

Anyway, I'm working my way through the series with my girlfriend. Given the poor scheduling where I lived when the broadcast, I only caught the front and back end of season 1, a couple of season 2 and none of season three, finishing with the X-Files episode when that ran. So I have a large bout of Millennium to watch spanking new - something I imagine many here will envy.

Just finished Sacrament tonight... looking forward to slotting the next DVD into the drive this weekend!

:wiggle: As of this moment, do you have a fav episode or character? I saw most of them new btwn 1996 & 2000, then after a good while realized they had changed the reruns to air around 1 or 2am & saw the others in 2001. :hiya:

:fool: I'm looking forward to getting re-acquainted to season 3, as it will arrive today, & for some of those episodes I won't remember them in detail. It might almost be like watching em for the 1st time.

I can't wait! :frank_black: Enjoy your time here, feel free to post everywhere, and I'd like to mention that there is a petition for a MM movie ~ if you'd like to sign it. :alien:

Doesn't your girlfriend want to join, too? :kickin:

Guest Jim McLean
:wiggle: As of this moment, do you have a fav episode or character? I saw most of them new btwn 1996 & 2000, then after a good while realized they had changed the reruns to air around 1 or 2am & saw the others in 2001. :hiya:

Hi. Favourite episode? I enjoyed "Sacrament" a great deal, and "Thin White Line". The latter had that brilliant visiting room scene which was played out with a sort of subtlety now missing from so many TV shows.

Favourite Character? I'm a big fan of Frank. I've always found Lance an amazing actor and without sounding rude, his face also fascinates me. The expressions he gives Frank have such a consistency in character; he's got such a soft and honest side, yet so cold and detached at the same time. So hard bring such juxtaposing character traits to a role and make them feel as if they are naturally inclusive of each other. Which with Frank they are, but making that work takes skill.

I wish more lead roles would go to older actors. I always feel experience of life enriches an actor as much as his trade skill, and these older characters bring far more colour and reality to the parts.

I'm also a fan of Peter Watts. A character who initially could seem very dull; merely a plot tool, but again the acting is so good. The dialogue is often linear and dry, but the eyes, I think the actors eyes bring that character to life.

Oh, and kudos to Catherine, again, I think slightly more mature actors bring a more realistic chemistry to the roles than young ones. It's great to see a relationship on TV not built on sex, male heroism and control. A very well written pair of characters tis Frank and Cath.

I'm looking forward to getting re-acquainted to season 3, as it will arrive today, & for some of those episodes I won't remember them in detail. It might almost be like watching em for the 1st time.

Paper Cuts was an episode I've always loved and my memories of that and the other end season one episodes are faint, so I'm looking forward to that!

I can't wait! :frank_black: Enjoy your time here, feel free to post everywhere, and I'd like to mention that there is a petition for a MM movie ~ if you'd like to sign it. :alien:

Doesn't your girlfriend want to join, too? :kickin:

I will sign that petition. As for the GF, she's totally blank on Carter stuff full stop. I know a few snippets of the future and avatars alone might give away some of the series key points, I think she'll be reading any debate I have here from over my shoulder where I know there be no spoilers!

so far my banter with Laredo has been informative and educational, i may drop Bliss as my little buddy and add Laredo as my new buddy

:) I'm not looking to cause any friend wars - not until my combat helmet comes in the post. Yes, looking forward to learning some insights from members here.

Welcome to the forums Laredo and thank you for your kind compliments!

We had a few hiccups this week which are rare, but thanks for sticking with us!

No probs. These things happen. I've been around a few message boards in my time and been staff on a couple too. I know that probs come with the territory. I do like the work that's been put in here with some features most message boards don't have. Great stuff.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
so far my banter with Laredo has been informative and educational, i may drop Bliss as my little buddy and add Laredo as my new buddy

Joe, you know I've been carrying you here. Maybe it IS time to let go of my coat tails and cling to Laredo's. :rofl:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Welcome Laredo, I have enjoyed your posts. I agree, this is a wonderful place that Graham and his contributors have created.