What a wonderful place you have here..

Guest Jim McLean

Favourite Character? I'm a big fan of Frank. I've always found Lance an amazing actor and without sounding rude, his face also fascinates me. The expressions he gives Frank have such a consistency in character; he's got such a soft and honest side, yet so cold and detached at the same time. So hard bring such juxtaposing character traits to a role and make them feel as if they are naturally inclusive of each other. Which with Frank they are, but making that work takes skill.

I wish more lead roles would go to older actors. I always feel experience of life enriches an actor as much as his trade skill, and these older characters bring far more colour and reality to the parts.

that's some wonderfully articulated insight into Lance's depiction of Frank Blk.

ditto. :bigsmile:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Bliss likes dark meat! :swingin: Either that, or he's trying to immobilize Joe. :alien:

Yes, and I would cook the thigh and leg in skillet with potatoes and onions. Does that recipe sound familiar to anyone? :eyes: PS, I don't want to immobilize Joe, he is my main source of premium cigars.

Guest SouthernCelt
Yes, and I would cook the thigh and leg in skillet with potatoes and onions. Does that recipe sound familiar to anyone? :eyes: PS, I don't want to immobilize Joe, he is my main source of premium cigars.

What kind of wine are you serving?

Welcome Laredo, from another newby.

Yes this is a great discussion board and very friendly. Like you I am watching the episodes for the first time and have an appreciation of the show that is growing with every viewing.

Guest Jim McLean
Welcome Laredo, from another newby.

Yes this is a great discussion board and very friendly. Like you I am watching the episodes for the first time and have an appreciation of the show that is growing with every viewing.

Same here. The only downside is that I have to be careful where I tread in the forums, as to keep my virginity pure. Just watch Lamentations which I always remembered being further down the season. Crazy old head.

I'll be commenting on that when the season has been completed and I have a wider view of the arc.

Awesome stuff.

Hey Laredo, dont mean to get off topic but i am curious to know if you had a chance to catch a very short lived series called Raines with Jeff Goldblum. It was a midseason replacement. It was very strong on character and plot development. It was finally cancelled by NBC. Not sure why because it had better ratings than 30 Rock

Guest Jim McLean

Never heard of it! I had it when shows just get a short season, especially when they are great. I loved American Gothic (and SPACE:AAB) but I can't own them on DVD because the frustration of their lifespan just frustrates me. At least Firefly got a movie to resolve it. Wish more lost shows did.