anyone watched Gillian Andersons recent movie Straight Heads?

Rate this topic

Guest lonegungrrly1121

Guest lonegungrrly1121

juse curious as to whether anyone went out to see it? it didnt get much publicity here in the UK, but I went to see it pretty much to support Gillian, and it was a very disturbing movie, but pretty good too... did anyone else see it, and if so, oppinions?

p.s. I hope this thread is in the right forum folder thingy

Guest lonegungrrly1121

oo no, her accent is perfect! it's not put on either, because she lives in england now (I think) and actually talks like that. she talks like that in interviews anyway

Guest Doll
oo no, her accent is perfect! it's not put on either, because she lives in england now (I think) and actually talks like that. she talks like that in interviews anyway

I wouldn't mind seeing it. :wiggle: The last thing I read did indicate that she lived in England, London I think, where she stars in 'Bleakhouse.' Is that the title? :ghostface:

Edited by Doll

Guest lonegungrrly1121

yeah, I never got the chance to watch it though.. I may have to buy the boxsets of it, aparently it's very good.

Guest Doll
yeah, I never got the chance to watch it though.. I may have to buy the boxsets of it, aparently it's very good.

I tried to watch it once, for abt 15 mins but changed the channel. I think you have to see ea episode to know what's happening. :yes:

Guest lonegungrrly1121

aah in that case, I think I'll RENT the box set... just incase it's not too good ;)

• Elders (Admins)

Did you see her appearance on the Princess Diana Concert last week? It got shown around the world as I recall. My partner Val called me into the room and said "Hey, you like her don't you?". I said, "Who is it?" as I couldn't place her at all. "Gillian Anderson" Val said to me! My God, I didn't recognise her with her long blond hair! As soon as she said it though, I realised and it was certainly Gillian!

Guest betweenthelines

The movie's going to be called Closure in the US. It's going to come out on DVD in the fall. I'm glad American audiences are going to be able to watch this film, but I wish the title wasn't changed. Straightheads is a more creative and attention-getting title than Closure. Not to mention that I'll immediately think of both XF and MM's episodes with that name.

Guest lonegungrrly1121
The movie's going to be called Closure in the US. It's going to come out on DVD in the fall. I'm glad American audiences are going to be able to watch this film, but I wish the title wasn't changed. Straightheads is a more creative and attention-getting title than Closure. Not to mention that I'll immediately think of both XF and MM's episodes with that name.

thats very true! closure is an x files ep, and is it a MM ep?? straightheads is quite a great film! but very graphic and vengefull! not for the faint hearted, but itsvery enlightening