What did you think of the "Horses montage" in S2 "The Time Is Now"

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

What did you think of the "Horses montage" in S2 "The Time Is Now"  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest ZeusFaber

I guess this is a logical extension of the discussion going on in the other thread. A few too many options for my taste though -- I could have gone for three or four of those.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I guess this is a logical extension of the discussion going on in the other thread. A few too many options for my taste though -- I could have gone for three or four of those.

LOL, I should have seen that coming. :doh:

• Elders (Admins)

Horses was a long song to begin with! I wonder of they extended the montage to fit the length of the song?

I liked it and I think it was meant as artistic representation which was brave and to be applauded, but I do wonder if it could have been a 'little' shorter.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Laurent.

There may be a lot of options to chose from but there's nothing that fits perfectly for me... the idea was really good and the length wouldn't be a problem for me if only the quality of the imagery would have been a bit better and more related to the episode. Anyway I voted for "good but too long".

• 5 weeks later...

Again, I would have liked more time spent on what Peter might have been ready to reveal about the group. Too often when something doesn't really strike a chord with the common people someone will say, "Well, it's ART. You've got to appreciate the message and the interesting liberties taken by the artist. If you were more refined, you might understand it." Crap! It was a waste of valuable MLLM plot time!

• 1 year later...
Guest paranoid eyes

Well considering the difficulty of the task:

Making a video for a song that is nearly ten minutes long

Has so f…t up lyrics

Showing a popular character of a TV show going totally insane and being tied to the bed. Even today in the times Nip/Tuck, Sopranos and 24 I can't recall any other show that did this.

Showing the horror of someone who cannot tell reality from hallucinations in ten minutes. Many films fail to do that in two hours hmm Beautiful Mind hmm

damm the difficulty of the task! That scene was simply brilliant

Edited by paranoid eyes

I thought it was absolutely brilliant! Of course I love Lara Means and I love the Patti Smith Group, so I was predisposed to enjoy it, but even having said that, I thought it was a bold artistic statement.

As for loss of Mm plot time, I believe you got all the plot explanation that Morgan and Wong were going to give you. A shorter length of time for that segment might have been picked up later in more time at the Cabin for the end of Catherine's life, but I don't think M & W would ever have clarified any more of the plot with the extra time.

Given that this was Lara's one and only season with the show I thought it was a good use of the time and like I said earlier, it was artistically superb.

Guest tjmasiakowski

It was really atmospheric but I think it went for a bit too long.

I got tired of not listening to any dialogs (that's how I felt it). Not that I don't enjoy silence in the series.

There was only that song that went on and on and I didn't quite like it (well, subjective opinion obviously).

Cheers,

Tim

Guest Hydromantic

I admit that I have been a bit disappointed by the episode :(

But it's a real artistic interest for sure! A bit too long but... I enjoyed, saying to myself "what's going on!!" :)